Page 118 of 851 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218618 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Maybe a bandana/scarf?
    I use the ones that are really big, so that my hair is covered until the canopy. That way, most of the hair gets pulled back.

Length
    chin/APL/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Isabel View Post
    I wanted to ask something else: does anyone know any good styles to hide triangle head? I've been wearing my hair in a boring cinnabun almost every day because of the triangle head.
    I'm not sure if you're looking for more options for updos, but I'm able to get my hair into a sort of "semi" french twist, with the ends hanging out (I think we're almost the same length? - I'm just a little below the shoulders). I secured mine with a hairstick and a comb on the side for stability (not quite enough hair for the hairstick alone), but it can also be secured with one of those claw clip things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
    Snowbird's avatar pic is exactly what I was referring to. Notice the curls near the top are shorter. But maybe Jorchet wasn't thinking of such an extreme difference in lengths.

Jorchet, I like your hair exactly as it is now.
    Thank you all for your replies! Lady Lilya, I like my hair like this too, but I was hoping to bring the curls out a bit more without making it poofy, and I see so many nice CG haircuts at NC.com that do exactly what I want! But I can't get them where I live and I don't know how to shape it myself.
    I'd like to have my hair as long as that pic I posted earlier from when I was in my teens, btw, but every time I start losing curl due to length, I get the itch to trim it! I might give it a try sometime in the future. Maybe if I can manage shorter layers to keep the clumps all bouncy, then I can let the bottom grow longer and allow it to lose a bit of curl without it mattering too much. lol
    "I know sometimes I might seem so ugly, and maybe I really am. I know that I'm not that easy to ignore when I'm really mad..." - Curls and more curls, some hair idols and my hair-story Sometimes upload curly pics on Flickr

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rohele View Post
    I'm not sure if you're looking for more options for updos, but I'm able to get my hair into a sort of "semi" french twist, with the ends hanging out (I think we're almost the same length? - I'm just a little below the shoulders). I secured mine with a hairstick and a comb on the side for stability (not quite enough hair for the hairstick alone), but it can also be secured with one of those claw clip things.
    Oh, oops. I re-read my post and I should have worded it better. I don't want to cover my hair, I do want ideas for new (hopefully simple) updos. Sorry for the confusion.

Rohele, it does sound like we're at about the same length, my hair is probably a bit shorter.
    I'll have to try the twist with a clip, thanks.

Type
    2c/M/ii

When I was your length I made all kinds of cute styles with bobby pins. Wish I had some pictures.. since you're dealing with individual chunks of hair rather than the entire mass of it, it's a lot more versatile. You're also more free to add cute details, like leaving nice curls free, doing a little crown braid along your hairline, etc. I had 4 wildy different looks, and I got complements on them all the time.

These work great, though you have to be careful taking them out since they have ridged inner surfaces.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbarin View Post
    When I was your length I made all kinds of cute styles with bobby pins. Wish I had some pictures.. since you're dealing with individual chunks of hair rather than the entire mass of it, it's a lot more versatile. You're also more free to add cute details, like leaving nice curls free, doing a little crown braid along your hairline, etc. I had 4 wildy different looks, and I got complements on them all the time.

These work great, though you have to be careful taking them out since they have ridged inner surfaces.
    Uh, do we get to see pictures?
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Uh, do we get to see pictures?
    I agree, pics, please!
    I'm so not creative when it comes to these things, I just can't imagine what I could do with bobby pins (other than holding annoying baby hairs back ).

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbarin View Post

I did the same when my hair was shorter - bobby pins/kirby grips were my best friend! And the ones that Rhubarbarin linked to are fab. I tried some recently and I no longer hear the "ping" of falling pins as I go about my day

Sometimes I'd just grab a handful of hair, smush it around until I liked the look of the front and the curls coming down at the sides, and pin it all in place. There was very little precision involved

Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Today I took the daring (daring for me, anyway!) step of omitting the second conditioner from my CO wash... I decided to try something new because haven't been too keen on my first day wurls lately. They look as though they have too much product on them and it doesn't seem to be related to my AGO mix. I also feel that my hair is in much better condition these days, thanks to improved habits, tactical trimming and better water in my new home town!

Sooooo, tried to do things differently today. COed as usual and was pleasantly surprised to find that I could detangle my hair just fine without the second conditioner. After I'd taken off the towel turban I added a tiny dab of shea butter (unrefined, a brand new addition to my routine) and then followed with a small amount of my AGO mix.

It's not totally dry yet so I can't tell you what it's going to look and feel like in the morning, but the wurls are forming really nicely so far. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'd certainly like to eliminate the last remaining luxury item in my haircare stash. The second conditioners are the only things that aren't either completely natural, budget (and as natural as possible), or both. I don't know if I'm optimistic to hope that I'll never need them again, but I have heard wondrous things about this shea butter, so you never know.

Does anyone else here CO without using a second "conditioning" conditioner on their lengths and ends?

Type
    2c/3a/M/i

It turned out fine, my hair was lovely and soft this morning, even softer than usual! I guess that was thanks to the shea butter. It was a little fluffy but a dab more shea butter took care of that. I'm really pleased - it makes wash days quicker and cheaper! Also cuts another batch of synthetically produced ingredients out of my routine. Yeah, I'm fussy!

I'd still be interested to hear if any of you CO without the second conditioner.