Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    3"/APL/Butt
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

hmm now you got me thinking about doing that
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Length
    chin/APL/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I have a question for you wurlies and curlies.

How do you minimize frizz? I'm getting fairly defined waves but also a nice halo of frizz as my hair dries.

Is this inevitable for wavy hair (I'm more a wavy than a curly I think).

I've just recently given up cone laden products and heat styling, which I relied on in the past to tame the frizz, and I'm not sure if my problem is styling technique or a consequence of going cone free, and having some damage.

Length
    2"/2"/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Hey everyone. I'm a curly.

Length
    25,6/29,7/32
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rohele View Post

How do you minimize frizz? I'm getting fairly defined waves but also a nice halo of frizz as my hair dries.

I've just recently given up cone laden products and heat styling, which I relied on in the past to tame the frizz, and I'm not sure if my problem is styling technique or a consequence of going cone free, and having some damage.
    Hi there. I know that my hair got a lot less frizzy when I discovered that my shampoo was extremely drying. I changed to gentler washing methods, I use a little bit of oil and I NEVER use a brush on my hair, at all. I am sure that you will get a lot more advice here if you can tell us how you wash and treat your hair now.

Length
    BSL/BSL/Class
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rohele View Post

Hi Rochele,
    Jojoba oil, a leave-in conditioner and a moisturizing gel help minimize frizz. I've used Suave Humectant Conditioner, which is a rinse-out conditioner, as a leave-in. Gels with some conditioning ingredients may help too. La Looks Mega Gel and Tresemme Mega Hold Gel are good. Beauty Without Cruelty Leave-in helps revive second-day curls and prevent frizz.
    Hope this helps.
    RedButterfly
    Lady Melete of the Heart Hearkened Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by talecon View Post
    hmm now you got me thinking about doing that
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by sammie883 View Post
    Hey everyone. I'm a curly.
    Welcome!

Length
    chin/APL/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Isblå View Post
    I am sure that you will get a lot more advice here if you can tell us how you wash and treat your hair now.
    Hmmm...

I've been using Suave naturals (strawberry) for CO washing, followed by Loreal Vive pro nutri gloss on the ends for extra conditioning. (it has one cone in it, but I'm not having much luck finding one without thats moisturizing, and not also hideously expensive).

I've been trying out AG recoil as a styling product (I blowdry my roots w/ a diffuser, and let the ends more or less air dry). I've been scrunching and twirling sections to try and bring out the wave a bit.

I'm also starting to oil the ends with jojoba oil (it sucks right in, and a seem to be able to use a LOT before my hair starts to look greasy, which makes me think it must be totally dehydrated).

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Hey it's nice to see all you new curlies here!!!

WELCOME!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    21/21/30
    Type
    2a/C/i

I've been going CO as well as letting my hair air dry these past few days and the curls have been growing out! They tangle so easily though, especially because my hair is fine. Any suggestions? Also, I'm hoping my hair won't get triangle-shaped (think pre-makeover Mia in The Princess Diaries) so any advice for that would be greatly appreciated!

Length
    20/28/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

This is might be random, but does anyone else feel irked when doing searches for curly or wavy hairstyles and fake celebrity hair pops up? Even on YouTube, those girls "fake curl" their hair before styling. There are few pictures of updos with natural curls. Natural curls do not look like the ones from curling irons or rollers! This drives me nuts!!! I have wavy hair that gets curlier with product and looser with buns. The few time I have had my hair done professionally, they CURLED my hair and then styled it....Anyone else feel my angst?