Page 115 of 851 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215615 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

The only problems I have with cones is build-up...as long as I shampoo, then it's not a big problem. However, the problem is more the shampoo than the cones. I love to shampoo my hair and I still do...but I cannot shampoo as often as I used to. I used to wonder why my hair was so so dry and extremely frizzy. I dried the heck out of it with shampoo!
    I alternate my cone usage, so I can limit my shampoo usage...if that makes sense.
    I love CO washing, but to me, that doesn't work well, when I want to use my amodimethicone-laden leave-in conditioner (which my hair just loves). Amodimethicone doesn't build up as much as other cones, I've noticed. But it does after awhile. Right now, I'm using no cones and water soluble cone (Peg modified dimethicone) and my hair is responding well, as I am not shampooing as often. Soon, I"m going to miss my amodimethicone...as it seems to smooth my hair more, adds shine, and it doubles well as a curl cream (the leave-in, that is). So, in a few days or in a week, I'll be "non CG" for a while.

I think it's fun to experiment and try new methods. I learn a lot about my hair and I also "listen" to it more...if that makes sense. My hair feels healthier when I use a modified CG routine (modified because I use water soluble and occasionally shampoo but not often). But my hair seems like it's more fun to style when I use sulfates and cones...it's a balance.

Length
    14/25/34
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Curlies I have a question...my hair is lovely--I'm seeing more curl than ever, and it's shiny and soft and lovely but...it looks really weighed down by the canopy; it tends to go flat or frizzy after a while, too. I've also been product free for ages. I am wondering if I should go the gels and cremes and such route or get a layer or two cut into my hair to take the weight off of my more fragile canopy curls. I'm just concerned because I don't want my hair to POOF...and the layers would be NO shorter than chin length. I'm just wondering what all the curlies think of products vs. layers, etc. Thank you!

Length
    Shldr/Waist/Happy
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFlower View Post
    Curlies I have a question...my hair is lovely--I'm seeing more curl than ever, and it's shiny and soft and lovely but...it looks really weighed down by the canopy; it tends to go flat or frizzy after a while, too. I've also been product free for ages. I am wondering if I should go the gels and cremes and such route or get a layer or two cut into my hair to take the weight off of my more fragile canopy curls. I'm just concerned because I don't want my hair to POOF...and the layers would be NO shorter than chin length. I'm just wondering what all the curlies think of products vs. layers, etc. Thank you!
    I'm not sure layering would be the best route to take. It's what my hairdresser suggested to me when I came to have my fourmonthly trim last week - "How about we put in some layers, get it curling madly at the back!" Well, that was exactly what I did NOT want - because in general, at this length (around shoulderlength), layers do mean an increase of volume (since it rests against your shoulders). If your hair is still around the length you're wearing it in in your avatar it therefore probably WILL cause poofiness (mine is APL and I have slightly bigger curls, and I still don't trust layers). So right now, it's probably a trade-off between smooth, heavy hair and poofy, lighter hair. It will get better once it gets a little longer, trust me. Just wait a few months and see how it looks then. Good luck!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Layers can buiild volume, but they don't always make for poofy hair. I have layered hair, and it helps withthe issue of flatness, actually.

And on the subject of cones, my hair LOVES Pantene. I don't know why, it just does. I CO'd with it for a whiel a few month back, and it just drank the stuff up.

I still prefer my cone-free routine though. Love it or no, it eventually turned to plastic, and it costs too much to use the amount of conditioner I do with CO to use Pantene. xD;
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I change my part sometimes to combat this- switch from a left to a right, this alternates which hair is 'the canopy'...

Another trick that helps me is washing my hair with baths instead of showers
    very curly hair
    friend me for blog + pics

Hello I am new to the tread because after switching to vo5 I found i was wurly insead of straight! But i was wondering how do you all do your hair at night to keep the wurls and curls? I have tryed braiding it but it makes my wurls all messed up and they dont look natural when i take out the braid in the morning. Sorry if this has allready been asked.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by littleredlx View Post
    Hello I am new to the tread because after switching to vo5 I found i was wurly insead of straight! But i was wondering how do you all do your hair at night to keep the wurls and curls? I have tryed braiding it but it makes my wurls all messed up and they dont look natural when i take out the braid in the morning. Sorry if this has allready been asked.
    A loose ponytail right at the top of the head.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ItalianFlower View Post
    I have to use a creme period. I can be a leave-in conditioner or curl cream but I have to use one or I get frizz and/or dry hair. I usually use Beauty Without Cruelty leave-in conditioner and maybe pink Boot's curl cream lately. My hair just loves creams. I sometimes us LA Look Sports Gel too which is CG friendly. I do not like layers at any length. It just makes more "ends" throughout my hair which = more likelihood to frizz and as it gets longer thin ends not to mention hair sticking out of braids and updos.

Quote Originally Posted by Margeaux View Post
    It will get better once it gets a little longer, trust me. Just wait a few months and see how it looks then. Good luck!
    YES, mine got MUCH better when it got past shoulder length toward BSL.

Quote Originally Posted by littleredlx View Post
    Some people can't do this but I just toss my hair across my silk pillow. If it moves during the night it still doesn't really hurt the curl much. In the morning if I get a bent section of curls or 2 I just dampen it a little and it goes back like it was. I have tried different ways of containing it but I just can't sleep like that.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Thanks curlsgirl and catgirl I will try those ways and see what works.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I have realised that I can wash my hair at night and put it in a pony-tail at the top of my head when still wet/damp and get very nice curls for next day! Love that!