Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    16/32.5/50
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ether_Drive View Post
    And a random question: whats a good and simple hairstyle for curly hair thats about an inch past the shoulders? With school beginning again, I don't have time to get in depth, but with hair-spray now, I'm unsure how to style my hair (without doing a typical bun and headband). Any ideas?
    I hold my hair at the nape of the neck with my left hand, then I twist it upwards until it's all rolled over - if there is any left at the top (which there will be as it grows) I tuck it back down and under the roll.

You can then hold it with a flexi8 or a hair stick or fork.

Length
    3"/APL/Butt
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    Now tell me why are you brushing it? Brushing it makes 2c and beyond poofy and frizzy! I only comb with a very wide tooth comb with lots of conditioner on it in the shower or right after while sopping wet with a leave-in conditioner in it.

I good cheap leave-in might be a conditioner not really marketed as a leave-in. You could mix it with water in a spray bottle for better application. I would just experiment with some conditioners you already have. I use Biolage or BWC (Beauty Without Cruelty) leave-in which really isn't too expensive. Some people even use VO5 which is about a dollar a bottle, again not really marketed as a leave-in but works for some people. HTH!
    my hair doesn't really get poofy because its so thin. all my curls died due to pregnancy hormones I guess. It just keeps getting straighter and straighter no matter what I try
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by talecon View Post
    I need help learning how to style wavy hair. I know I had to put away my wide tooth comb for curly hair and I took out my brush. When I brush it, it looks kinda poofy. What kinda moisturizer can I put in my hair to make it look well... neater? And please something affordable since I'm pretty broke as a joke heh
    This is what I meant talecon about curly hair poofing when you brush it That's why most of us don't brush.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    Is the underneath hair curlier too? Mine was and still is. I think it is because the canopy (outer hair) gets more exposure to the elements and the underneath hair gets a certain amount of protection naturally. I have a good 3b going on underneath easy.
    Yes, the undernearth hair is pretty much as it has always been. Its only the canopy and sides that are/were flat.
    Your theory is good I also think its because these were the parts that I used to blowdry more because they were the most visible, it didnt really matter if the underneath was well straightened.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleAshes View Post
    Yes, the undernearth hair is pretty much as it has always been. Its only the canopy and sides that are/were flat.
    Your theory is good I also think its because these were the parts that I used to blowdry more because they were the most visible, it didnt really matter if the underneath was well straightened.
    Yep me too!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    ???/31wst/35tb
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Most curlies seem to like Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose.
    I couldn't stand the smell, and it made my hair feel oily and weighed down. I use Aubrey Organic Green Tea instead.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
    I couldn't stand the smell, and it made my hair feel oily and weighed down. I use Aubrey Organic Green Tea instead.
    I didn't like it either. It did the same thing for me and not much detangling power. I liked the smell but nope couldn't use it cuz my hair didn't like it after the first few times.

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Has anyone else had to go back to cones lately? I decided to try them, since with CG/CO my hair seemed to be getting weaker without as much curl definition. The cones seem to be helping with this though, but I have to clarify using a clarfiying shampoo (1x every one to two weeks). I almost feel guilty, though...I'm really into using natural products but my hair seems to looove these chemicals!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ~GypsyCurls~ View Post
    Has anyone else had to go back to cones lately? I decided to try them, since with CG/CO my hair seemed to be getting weaker without as much curl definition. The cones seem to be helping with this though, but I have to clarify using a clarfiying shampoo (1x every one to two weeks). I almost feel guilty, though...I'm really into using natural products but my hair seems to looove these chemicals!
    I use Dove every once in a while and though I like it pretty well the first day it seems to not do as well after that so I use a shampoo and get it off. My hair just doesn't absorb anything when I coat it with a cone conditioner.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

XD Curly Girl isn't natural anyway, Gypsycurls, unless you're using all natural conditioners or something. Most of us here use Suave or VO5, and no matter how much Suave 'Naturals' bottles say 'natural, they aren't. They're chock full o'chemicals. xD;
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)