Page 107 of 851 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207607 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I know exactly what you both mean! All my different buns that I do pretty much look the same.

However...we do have an advantage because curls can be such a nice accent to an updo. I sometimes leave the ends of my curls hanging out of the bun, which gives it a whole different look. A bonus is that when I take my hair down, my ends don't look all stretched out.

Length
    BSL/BSL/Class
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I'm just checking in. It's been awhile. My curls are a little dry during this cold winter. I'm probably going to try a CO or modified CO routine for a while to see if that helps.
    RedButterfly
    Lady Melete of the Heart Hearkened Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ~GypsyCurls~ View Post
    Does anyone know of any websites that have different styles for curly/wavy hair? I love wearing mine down, but would like to do something different from time to time. I have a couple of really nice barrettes and hair sticks, but they never see the light of day! I can't even use hair sticks the 'right' way, I put my hair up and then just put the sticks in after, so they're not actually holding the hair up...

Occasionally I do a high ponytail thing or the half up/half down style, but that's about it.
    I pretty much do the ones here well the few I know Darkwaves has a lot of beautiful hair updos. When I want to wear a hairstyle here, since I am mostly 3a, I can just smooth and get it to do pretty well especially a couple of days after washing. I used to love a peacock twist with curls cascading over the top. The good thing about curly hair is that even normal updos look pretty and no ordinary because of the curls.

Quote Originally Posted by RedButterfly View Post
    I'm just checking in. It's been awhile. My curls are a little dry during this cold winter. I'm probably going to try a CO or modified CO routine for a while to see if that helps.
    Hi good to see ya!!! Check in more often!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    Shldr/Waist/Happy
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Yessss! Good thread with great advice. I'm going to sit around here!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Margeaux View Post
    Yessss! Good thread with great advice. I'm going to sit around here!
    Welcome!!! Have some chocolate!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Copasetic View Post
    the two big things were washing less often, and using coconut oil. i used to wash pretty much everyday my hair did not like that.
    Thanks for your answer. I see a lot people seem to like coconut oil. I should really try it!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ~GypsyCurls~ View Post
    Does anyone know of any websites that have different styles for curly/wavy hair? I love wearing mine down, but would like to do something different from time to time. I have a couple of really nice barrettes and hair sticks, but they never see the light of day! I can't even use hair sticks the 'right' way, I put my hair up and then just put the sticks in after, so they're not actually holding the hair up...

Occasionally I do a high ponytail thing or the half up/half down style, but that's about it.
    Check out these videos:
    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=BnusZ3nxtls
    http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=sb0Od6y0oXo
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Oh Forest, you should try coconut oil! It helped my hair's condition and strength a great deal. I used to use olive oil, and it worked well, but I never saw such a difference as when I used coconut oil.

Also, if you have dark hair, rosemary tea rinses are really nice too. The oils that get released into the water during the steeping process seems to have some conditioning benefits to my hair.

Length
    BSL/BSL/Class
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Have any of you tried Loreal Nutrigloss Conditioner for curly and wavy hair? If so, what do you think?

I've been experimenting with it as both a rinse-out and leave-in. I'm still not sure about it. It detangles extremely well for a non-cone conditioner. It leaves the hair very soft. However, it may be building up on my hair quickly and it might be too much protein. (My hair likes small amounts of protein, especially since it is color-treated. But my baby-fine strands can easily get too much protein.)

I'm really surprised that this is a CO (conditioner only) friendly product. Does any one else feel like the Nutrigloss is hard to rinse out of your hair? I've also noticed that it is hard to rinse off your hands, much like a cone or mineral oil based conditioner. Other conditioners and styling products that have been termed "Co friendly" seem to rinse clean with just water.
    RedButterfly
    Lady Melete of the Heart Hearkened Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/BSL/Class
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Do you think that color-treated curly hair needs cones to remain healthy?

My color-treated, baby-fine curly hair dislikes heavy cones. However, it does really well with amothicone and dimethicone type cone conditioners. In fact, some form of low cone must be present for gently detangling wet hair.

I am considering going cone-free but I'm worried about giving up all forms of cones. Does anyone with fragile, color-treated curly hair find that a cone-free routine works better?
    RedButterfly