Page 101 of 851 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    13?/26.5?/??
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Hi all (again)... not sure where to post, but I thought like heads might relate.

My ends are feeling exceedingly dry and knotting incessantly even with being up all day. Avocado oil has seemed ok, but I think my ends are really done and need to be trimmed. I read and posted on the thread about cutting one's own hair a while ago... but I just can't do my own hair. I need help. I am nervous about salons as well as barber shops (too many products and/ or someone doing whatever they want etc and/ or someone who cant seem to deal with my crazy hair)

Where do you go when you need to trim - does everyone here cut there own ???

I am getting to be a wreck over this... please help meeeeeeeeeeeee.

TIA

I have my mom trim my hair. That way I can direct her and I know she has my best interest. Any too short cuts I have were my fault because she does exactly what I tell her to. Why don't you ask someone you trust to listen to you?

Length
    13?/26.5?/??
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_jb View Post
    I have my mom trim my hair. That way I can direct her and I know she has my best interest. Any too short cuts I have were my fault because she does exactly what I tell her to. Why don't you ask someone you trust to listen to you?
    hmmm maybe I will ask my husband. I guess I need to poke around the forum to determine if I need special hair cutting scissors. I wonder how important it is for him to be able cut a straight line... probably not so much if it's never down, right?

If he won't do it, I am going to need to go to a 'place' (I don't have anyone else local)... is there a space on LHC where people recommend individuals? Are there LHCers who get together to help each other out with this sort of thing?

As for cutting a straight line, my mom just cuts individual curls. My hair is curlier in the middle so if she were to cut a straight line it would spring up more in the middle. Everyone's hair is different though, so that may not be the case with you.

As for LHC recommendations, hopefully someone else will answer. I'm still pretty new here so I have no clue .

Length
    22"/25"/35"
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/iii

I have a great and trusted stylist that I go to when I get a trim. If I tell her to cut a 1/4 of an inch that is all she does. Unfortunately, I live in NY, so my suggestion to you, would be to shop around. Have consultations with stylist and tell them exactly what you want. It would be like interviewing them to see if they fit what you are looking for. Try to find a stylist with long hair, they would be more likely to understand your needs. I hope this helps.
    24" 3c/m,c/iii

Length
    13?/26.5?/??
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

ah you are lucky! I have a sister in NY who has someone trusted as well.

I wish I could travel to NY for a trim ... there have got to be LHCers here from Chicago, no?

Length
    13?/26.5?/??
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by yzkaloha View Post
    I have a great and trusted stylist that I go to when I get a trim. If I tell her to cut a 1/4 of an inch that is all she does. Unfortunately, I live in NY, so my suggestion to you, would be to shop around. Have consultations with stylist and tell them exactly what you want. It would be like interviewing them to see if they fit what you are looking for. Try to find a stylist with long hair, they would be more likely to understand your needs. I hope this helps.
    I appreciate this solid advice. I guess I was hoping for an easier way out (ie borrow someone else's trusted stylist). I guess I will have to begin the search.

thanks again!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Hi Magpie Mama. Sorry if I'm asking something that you've covered already in this thread (I looked but have been known to miss things ), but what is your current care routine?

I ask because I COd for a long time and when I needed to clarify my ends would become extremely dry, crunchy and snarly. So there were times that I needed to clarify rather than trim.

Just a thought, I hope you're having a good day

Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Just a little note to share my experiences with the softer water in my new town and CO washing...

I didn't have much luck with my CO routine after I moved. I tried going back to poo and conditioner for a few washes, and the first wash was marvellous - soft, shiny, full of life - but went downhill after that, with my hair becoming dry and snarly.

I washed again today and mixed in some CO conditioner with shampoo (about half and half) for my scalp, with a richer mix (about 1:4 shampoo:conditioner) for my length. It hasn't finished drying yet, but I think it feels better. We'll see what it's like when it's dry! I've used my AGO mix as usual. So I guess I'm now a modified COer, unless someone at LHC has already coined a term for the method I'm using?!

FTR, I want to figure this out today because I'm seeing my ex on Wednesday and every time I see him I seem to have a bad hair day! Grrrrrrrr... I'd like him to see me looking lovely. How vain... I'll wash my hair on Tuesday night so that I don't have to do anything with it on Weds, and really don't want to wake up with horrid dry hair!

Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by RedElephant View Post
    Wow, your hair is just like mine. My hair loves coconut oil, whether dry or wet.
    Me too! It took me a while to come around to the idea of a solid oil because I'd convinced myself that it would make my hair waxy if the weather was very cold... I don't quite understand how I convinced myself of that...

Anyway, my hair loves the stuff now. It's one of my staples