Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags, Copyright Issues, and Street Shots

Length
    pixie/36/44
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags and Copyright Issues

If I'm posting pictures of a new hairstyle, should I just black out the paintings in the background? What if I have a sculpture?

Would it be okay if I had a sculpture in the background, gave credit to the artist, and gave information of where one could buy a version for themselves?

I know this is nit-picky, but I have a bunch of art around my house. Obviously the stuff made by friends I can get permission for, but it'd be kind of nice if I'd be allowed to not have to black out my decor AND advertise my favorite artists

Length
    13"/39˝"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

I dont think things in the background should be any problem, the main thing on the picture would be you. But I'm no expert in these things.

When I take pictures for a newspaper (this happens sometimes) I have to be careful about recognizable people. If they are recognizable I would theoretically have to ask their permission for publishing my picture on internet or paper.

/ CMG
    Last edited by cmg; July 26th, 2012 at 09:37 PM.

Length
    BSL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I guess I should have read this thread a long time ago Thanks for the clarification! I will be much more careful now
    Lady Lostariel Of the Flowers, In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

So if you get the "Direct" link from, for example, Photobucket, and then put that into the "URL" thing that pops up when you click on "Insert Image", that is ok? Also, is it ok if a family member took your photos of yourself and then post them here (or on a blog)?

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Yep, totally good examples! (Assuming the family member doesn't mind you using their photo.)

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by gthlvrmx View Post
    So if you get the "Direct" link from, for example, Photobucket, and then put that into the "URL" thing that pops up when you click on "Insert Image", that is ok? Also, is it ok if a family member took your photos of yourself and then post them here (or on a blog)?
    For the most part definitely! A good example of when that would be improper is if, say, you took one of my photos and hosted it on your Photobucket and then posted that way without my agreeing to it. Your photo? Rock on!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Chromis View Post
    Yep, totally good examples! (Assuming the family member doesn't mind you using their photo.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumball View Post
    For the most part definitely! A good example of when that would be improper is if, say, you took one of my photos and hosted it on your Photobucket and then posted that way without my agreeing to it. Your photo? Rock on!
    OK thank you guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxen View Post
    The "insert image" button in forum-posts and blogs is meant for pictures you have taken yourself. They can either be hosted in an album here or on a photo-hosting site.

Thank you!
    Thanks! Now all I need to know is how to make an album (I know... the 25+ post level must be met first, but meh) and then I will be golden. ;p

Length
    39/39/55
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags, Copyright Issues, and Street Shot

Thanks

Default Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags, Copyright Issues, and Street Shot

Ok so I am absolutely useless! I've made a photo bucket account and tried to copy the URLs. I've done a few test posts but I'm only getting an empty box in the post... What am I doing wrong? ��
    Currently tailbone. Terminal is the goal!