Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags, Copyright Issues, and Street Shots

Length
    2/2/bsl

Default Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags and Copyright Issues

I dunno how this thread appeared on my homepage... I suspect someone is trying to send me a message...

But if I'm doing something wrong it's because I just don't know what I'm doing, regarding pictures.
    I don't know what half the stuff being described is (wth is hot linking?!) or how it's done, so any violations from me are in ignorance.
    From read something earlier, I thoght as long as you posted a link to a picture, and not just upload a picture that not is yours, you were not taking credit for it.

If I am off, I'm gonna need some tutoring, keeping in mind I know diddly (sp?) about pictures.

Length
    TB/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lyttle Lox View Post
    I dunno how this thread appeared on my homepage... I suspect someone is trying to send me a message...

But if I'm doing something wrong it's because I just don't know what I'm doing, regarding pictures.
    I don't know what half the stuff being described is (wth is hot linking?!) or how it's done, so any violations from me are in ignorance.
    From read something earlier, I thoght as long as you posted a link to a picture, and not just upload a picture that not is yours, you were not taking credit for it.

If I am off, I'm gonna need some tutoring, keeping in mind I know diddly (sp?) about pictures.
    It's on everyone's homepage, I think.
    “I always find it more difficult to say the things I mean than the things I don't.”
    ― W. Somerset Maugham, The Painted Veil

Inadvertent Tech Support snowbear's Avatar
    Length
    42/Short/N/A
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by cobblersmaid View Post
    It's on everyone's homepage, I think.
    That is correct.
    The formerly mythical snowbear is alive and well.
    Be smarter, daily!

Length
    12/?/WL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Flaxen, surely you realize we will only get more creative in Last Word and Revenge of The Thread Killers?

One small clarification (I'm slow on the uptake), if something is on a public site for all to see like Flickr or Photobucket, may we link to an image even if it's not ours? Just trying to understand.

Mar 2011 to Jan 2012

Length
    27ish/CICTH/clssc
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Waimea, from what I've read into it, I think it's fine if we link to it, just not post the picture itself without the owner's permission. IE : http.picturelinkhere.jpg is fine, but 'actualpicturehere' is not.

Does that make sense?
    99% Dye free!
    Official hair-idiot of Measuringtown...
    avatar is Belle of Bonaventure, by Jasmine Becket-Griffith.

Length
    12/?/WL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

So linky linky but no posty. Got it.

Mar 2011 to Jan 2012

Daughter of the King WritingPrincess's Avatar
    South of the cheese, not quite out of the corn.
    Length
    SL/41"/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I think I understand. Just one quick question. If I get my dad to take a picture of my hair, does that need a "posted with permission"?
    Thanks for the clarification, Flaxen.
    "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
    ~ John 8:11

Length
    23/39/40
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I once posted a picture that was public domain (and I used my own photobucket account to post it) and someone assumed it was a copyright infringement and took it down without bothering to ask about it. Now I don't even bother putting things up unless it came from my own camera.
    "But the back seat of the drive-in is so lonely without you"

Account Closed by Member Request

Is it permitted to use the LHC smilies on TBB? Like, copy the URL of the smilie and paste it into the TBB post using the IMG-tags.

Length
    chin/bcl/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

What if we take an image that is not ours, and edit it, and then use that?

This can easily get very complicated....

"Our life is frittered away by detail...simplify, simplify." ~Thoreau