Page 1419 of 1475 FirstFirst ... 4199191319136914091417141814191420142114291469 ... LastLast
Results 14,181 to 14,190 of 14742

Thread: Timberstone Turnings hairsticks

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Timberstone Turnings hairsticks

That is gorgeous Saige, as is your bun

24 - 25 - 26 - 27 - 28 - 29 - 30 - 31 - 32 - 33 - 34

Length
    Hip/50"/50"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thanks so much Crystawni! I think I'm going to be wearing this one a lot!

Length
    Hip/50"/50"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thanks divinedobbie!

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CBL/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Gorgeous, Saige! I love the contrast of your hair and the stick!

Length
    Hip/50"/50"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Aww, thanks AmaryllisRed!

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Well... You guys made it. I'm waiting for 1 TT from the Swap forum, and now I'm on Doug custom waiting list! As he won't start working on my stick until May or so, I'd like to ask you some details about the TTs you own, to made mine perfect for me I'll be forever grateful for your help!

I like more the Princess Eve shape, but I'd like to hear your experience about it and the Chloe. My hair is III - very thick (4'8" of diameter), fine and 2C. Right now I'm at WL, HL by the summer, and plan to grow until classic with the time Knowing it, which shape would be better? And, about width, petite or regular?

Also, its lenght. I think I'll be ordering a 6,5" stick, but may be 7" is better, so my hair can grow into it? I want it to show its beauty and my buns are, because of thickness and even at this lenght, quite giant (in my profile pic I'm wearing a 5'8" stick, a bit too small for me ATM, but still wearable). How of you have 6'5" or 7" sticks to guide me a little on it? Would you show me them, still and/or in action? (love action pics!)

I myself am thinking about the design, I have to sit and think a while about colors etc without making it complicated... I'm growing out henna and my natural color is tawnish, so I have to think which colors fit me better.

Also, I'd love that you show off your collections to have a even more accurate idea of the colors and shapes that Doug can achieve
    Thank you lots in advance
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; March 3rd, 2018 at 04:51 AM.

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    15.5/19/32
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

My hair isn't even long enough to secure with a stick of any sort, but I'm in awe at these creations!
    I'm on the swap and have checked the Etsy site as well. Do people swap fairly often? Is it best to post a general ISO? I haven't yet made 25 posts so I'm finding that I'm quite limited in what I can do here, but I'll keep checking for updates while I'm waiting for my hair to reach APL. What else have I got to do?!

Length
    APL/TBL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

The swap board is pretty active, and you definitely do see TTs pop up pretty often. Plus sometimes he does a "Friday night sale" on the etsy site, where the prices are reduced. Personally, I would wait a while before buying one, but I know other people very happily buy hair toys they need to grow into. But I figure before you spend that much money on something, it's good to know how long a stick you like, what woods you like the look of in your hair, etc. He did make barrettes for a while, but there aren't as many of them as sticks so I don't know how often they show up on the swap board - but you could try an ISO post at some point. You could probably message him on etsy for a custom if you can't find one here.
    ~ Not all those who wander are lost ~

Length
    25ish/31/40+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    Well... You guys made it. I'm waiting for 1 TT from the Swap forum, and now I'm on Doug custom waiting list! As he won't start working on my stick until May or so, I'd like to ask you some details about the TTs you own, to made mine perfect for me I'll be forever grateful for your help!

I like more the Princess Eve shape, but I'd like to hear your experience about it and the Chloe. My hair is III - very thick (4'8" of diameter), fine and 2C. Right now I'm at WL, HL by the summer, and plan to grow until classic with the time Knowing it, which shape would be better? And, about width, petite or regular?

Also, its lenght. I think I'll be ordering a 6,5" stick, but may be 7" is better, so my hair can grow into it? I want it to show its beauty and my buns are, because of thickness and even at this lenght, quite giant (in my profile pic I'm wearing a 5'8" stick, a bit too small for me ATM, but still wearable). How of you have 6'5" or 7" sticks to guide me a little on it? Would you show me them, still and/or in action? (love action pics!)

I myself am thinking about the design, I have to sit and think a while about colors etc without making it complicated... I'm growing out henna and my natural color is tawnish, so I have to think which colors fit me better.

Also, I'd love that you show off your collections to have a even more accurate idea of the colors and shapes that Doug can achieve
    Thank you lots in advance

I'm relatively new to the TT world, but some thoughts for you:

I've only ever played with the Princess Eve sticks. But my roommate, who has very thick slippery hair likes the flare of the Eve shape, and thinks it helps the stick stay in her hair better. She's never tried the Chloe, so she's not sure that's what does it, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Thought 2: If your hair's already that thick, I personally would suggest a stick to grow into. I have high end II hair, and I have a 6 inch stick, and my bun already covers a lot of the design. It depends on which style you choose of course, but you want as much of that stick visible as possible. Others can correct me, who have thicker hair than I do, but IMO if you think your buns are going to get more giant, and because these are expensive, you're going to want a stick you can keep around for a long time.

I just have 1 stick, not a "collection," but I'll try to find the pic to post. I can link you to the one my roommate has though:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/5869297...=1519938903434
    "All things strive."
    Waist-length, and (grudgingly) rocking the fairytale ends. Hoping for hip by the end of 2019 with at least a semi-decent hemline. Ultimate goal of TBL...or longer.

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Katia_k View Post
    I'm relatively new to the TT world, but some thoughts for you:

I've only ever played with the Princess Eve sticks. But my roommate, who has very thick slippery hair likes the flare of the Eve shape, and thinks it helps the stick stay in her hair better. She's never tried the Chloe, so she's not sure that's what does it, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Thought 2: If your hair's already that thick, I personally would suggest a stick to grow into. I have high end II hair, and I have a 6 inch stick, and my bun already covers a lot of the design. It depends on which style you choose of course, but you want as much of that stick visible as possible. Others can correct me, who have thicker hair than I do, but IMO if you think your buns are going to get more giant, and because these are expensive, you're going to want a stick you can keep around for a long time.

I just have 1 stick, not a "collection," but I'll try to find the pic to post. I can link you to the one my roommate has though:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/5869297...=1519938903434
    Thank you so much! It's very useful As the sticks I bought in the swap forum are 5 1/2 and 6" (yep, yesterday I bought another one: they might be a tad too little, but they are so beautiful and still will show off on nautilus buns at least, my to go bun) I hopefully will get a more accurate idea of the size I'll need when they get home

My hair isn't slippery at all, as least now that I'm growing out dyes (but I can't recall a time it were slippery, may be because it's a fine 2c?), so probably the PE shape will be ok for me No stick gave me problems, ever.

Your roommate malachite Dragon stick is so beautiful, I'm already thinking about the design and I'll probably ask for a similar color, among others like green, mint green and shades of blue, with cooper details, over blackwood.

I have to sketch my idea first, as my mind works better if I draw, but it's not complicated and I'm 100% sure that Doug will made an amazing work
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; March 4th, 2018 at 11:56 PM.