Thread: Problem with hair toys

Length
    22/26/30
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Hi all,

I bought myself some hair toys and I am quite happy with most of them .
    However, my problem is and I know it sounds daft, but my hair is too soft!

For example, I bought a little "device" to help me roll a bun. It looks like this:

And my hair is just slipping through it and if I eventually manage to roll a bun the hair looks like exploded.

Is there a way to make the hair less soft for using toys like that? I love my soft hair, don't get me wrong but it is a nightmare when I want to wear my hair like this.

Thanks!
    Eilean

Relentless Reenactor Fiferstone's Avatar
    Length
    18/38/40
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Problem with hair toys

I've got fine hair that's stick straight and very smooth, some toys simply don't work for us because we've just not got enough "bulk" for them to stay in. Have you tried cutting the toe off a clean sock, and making a sock bun form? That has been working great for me.

I tried that very same device once, with the same result. My hair simply slides out of it. I have the same thing happen with most barettes I try as well.
    Lady Marigold of the Far Plains in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    13/37.5/termi
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I have thick wavy hair and i could never get that thing to work! I think a sock bun would be better for your beautiful soft hair! have you tried wooden hair sticks or forks? perhaps the forks with 3-4 tines would hold your hair well too. GOod luck! i hope you find something that works for you and you love, alot of it is just experimenting...then you could put whatever doesn't work on the swap board!
    Lady Primrose~Garden Keeper of the Hillside Warren in the Order of The Long Haired Knights

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I had one of those things for years. They're a nightmare if you have layers. Even if I could get it to work, it'd take on a weird tear-drop shape with the little hooks sticking out the pointy end, and I'd give up and make a ponytail or something instead. I finally threw the darn thing out, I never did get it to work well enough to wear anywhere.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyViki View Post
    I had one of those things for years. They're a nightmare if you have layers. Even if I could get it to work, it'd take on a weird tear-drop shape with the little hooks sticking out the pointy end, and I'd give up and make a ponytail or something instead. I finally threw the darn thing out, I never did get it to work well enough to wear anywhere.
    Huh, this is exactly what I am going to do with mine! It simply doesn't work for me!

Better late than never !

Length
    22/26/30
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Thanks for replies . I am wearing a sock bun at the very moment - I just thought this new toy would be nice for a change. But the problem is my hair is soft and layered - not a chance then . Maybe in the future.. hopefully .

Thank you all!