Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Autumn shed(?) is freaking me out!

Length
    21/30.5/35
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Autumn shed(?) is freaking me out!

Quote Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
    So I think perhaps that means there must be a massive new growth season as well as a massive shed season!
    That's a cheerful thing.

Length
    21/30.5/35
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
    Sorry to hear you are worried about your shedding
    Could it be that you notice it more because your hair is longer than it was last Autumn? And/or that you are more into caring for your hair than you were last time round so you notice it more?
    I hope this doesn't sound like I am trivialising. These are things that sometimes I come to realise myself now that I am much more into haircare and so on. I worry a lot more about my hair and certain things then seem a lot worse than they maybe really are because I just pay more attention to it.
    Hope that makes sense

Just keep monitoring the situation, baby your hair only when necessary, and try not to handle it too much would be my advice. Good luck!
    I think that's most if not all of why it seems so dramatic- I'm definitely more conscious of my hair now than I have been in the past. And I definitely can over worry myself about things that aren't really that bad by thinking too much about them.

P.S. The group hug smiley is fantastic!

Length
    25,1/41/50
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

*hugs to you*

I know exactly how you feel! I've been experiencing in the last couple of days 2-3 times more shedding than usual and I was freaking out. I've calmed down now. The best thing is to try not to think about it and concentrate on something else, a hobby of yours would be best

Hope you feel better soon!

To live is to love the pain !

Length
    waist/40"/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

I had never heard of an 'autumn shed' before... I have noticed this week that my hair is noticeably thinner and I have to admit I was feeling a little uneasy about it. Perhaps it is normal after all, and I'm only noticing it so much this time around because my length already is a little thinner sine having my daughter.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I understand seasonal shedding. But it would make more sense that we would hold on to hair to keep us warm in winter, like cats and dogs. Doesn't it?

I too have noticed more shedding and just thought I was more aware since joining LHC. Interesting isn't it? I do love long hair for a natural scarf come cold days!! Hair is so warm!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I always shed more in September, this lasts a month and then I am O.K. It also seems much worse each year, but then I am longer now than last year, so it probably only LOOKS more.

It passes and is perfectly natural.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jezerellica View Post
    I understand seasonal shedding. But it would make more sense that we would hold on to hair to keep us warm in winter, like cats and dogs. Doesn't it?
    They shed in the autumn, too, though less noticeably than in the spring. They shed their light summer coats for their warmer winter coats. Maybe we are doing the same thing, but notice the shedding more than the growth.

Length
    21/30.5/35
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

My shedding actually seems to be calming down now (knock on wood!), showing that it is indeed just seasonal. Thank goodness!

Thank you all for your support/commiseration- I hope you all experience a similar relief soon!

P.S. Fee, thank you for the flower smiley, it is awesome!

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Another commiserating shedder here... thankfully I have a lot of new little spiky baby hairs growing in to replace the old stuff that's falling out, or I'd really be freaking out. Still frustrating to have to clean my brush out every day and unclog the drain after every shower, especially since my hair isn't all that thick in the first place. But there's not much I can do, other than eat healthy and take care of the hair that isn't shedding.
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Account Closed by Member Request

I had been shedding handfuls more than normal lately but it's starting to slow down now. It's just due to the seasonal changes.