Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed less hair loss when you CO Wash?

Default Have you noticed less hair loss when you CO Wash?

I have been experimenting with CO washing and when I comb my hair there is sooo much less hair in the comb..

This past weekend I used regular SLS shampoo and noticed a huge amount of hair loss on the comb...

Has anyone else noticed this? Is it possible to be allergic to SLS?

Also, I have found for my hair the Suave Coconut works the best for the cleansing part, but I'm still looking for a great follow up conditioner....any rec's for me? I have thin, fine hair so nothing that will weigh it down.

Thanks everyone

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Have you noticed less hair loss when you CO Wash?

When I do CO I notice more slip when I brush and comb my hair, I guess that must be the reason hairs don't get stuck in my brush or comb. I think it also has to do with the fact that my and many others scalp feel better on CO which causes less shedding

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Creature of the Night
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Definitely. Shampooing causes tons of tangles for me, which pull out a lot more strands when they have to be removed. With CO, the comb just glides through, leaving the hair still attached

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    15/26/49
    Type
    3a/M/iii

Yes, this is what i see too. But sometimes my scalp itches too much so i do a cwc, which leaves more than co but less than only shampoo.

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

Yes, when I use SLS shampoo I end up with a clump of hair in the shower. It is disturbing now that I know it isn't a necessary thing. I recommend the fake Biolage Matrix conditioner from Sally's for the second one. I also use it as a leave in. As for itchy scalp, are you doing the ACV rinse? It helps my scalp so much.
    Change is the only constant.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Yes, definitely!!! I would have huge wads of hair in the drain then more in my comb when I used shampoo daily. Thankfully I have thick hair or I may be bald lol!! I now CO with VO5 and my hair is sooooo much happier and MUCH less shedding. It takes several washes now to get the same amount of shedding that happened with SLS.

I don't have fine or thin hair so I don't really have any conditioner recs for you. I will say though that for me the Suave, all scents but especially coconut, weigh my hair down. That's why I switched to VO5. Then I use either Biolage Conditioning Balm for a no cone or for a good cone condish I use Loreal Nature Therapy from Sally's in the tub.

I see less hair now as opposed to washing with shampoo. I do a CO twice per week now and my hair is loving it! I have maybe 10 shed hairs.

Type
    1c/M/ii

Red face Re: Have you noticed less hair loss when you CO Wash?

Sorry for ignorance, but what are CO and SLS? I have seen CO said a few times around the forums and am not sure what it means, and this thread is the first time that I saw SLS. Thanks!

Type
    1c/M/ii

Never mind. I found the LHC Terms and Abbreviations, which explained both of those. Very handy!

To respond on-topic, I do not think that I have ever CO washed my hair. I never thought about trying it, but might now that I have heard about it.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I have 50-75% less shedding with CO than with S/C.