Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: isnt it funny how cones....

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default isnt it funny how cones....

feel great on my hair when its wet, but when my hair is dry it feels lank? and coneless feels crap on my hair when wet, yet looks great on my hair when dry!

Now why is this? anybody else notice this?
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Banned
    Length
    ?/26"/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: isnt it funny how cones....

I agree with this. Coney conditioners are fine for me for a few washes at a time, but they take out most of my wave and eventually build up. It takes a ton of cone-free conditioner and it doesn't feel very sippery when washing, but my hair is wavier and softer when it's cone-free.

Except! - I have to add, that my hair loathes Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose (which is coneless). I used it last night and it took a huge amount, felt awful and didn't give any slip at all to my hair so I could comb it through in the shower, and my hair feels sticky and gross ever since it dried. I'm washing this mess out tonight! Ick!

Smells good, though.

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I notice that, too. Except my hair just gets crunchy after it dries, not lank. It's nice every so often, but I guess I'm not a cone gal.

Length
    14/19/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Yes I have. I use cone free conditioners and my hair does not feel very slippery when wet, but when it's dry it looks and feels like it is in much better condition. Coconut oil helps a lot too. Cones always dried my hair out and made it look frizzy.

Length
    14/19/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RancheroTheBee View Post
    I notice that, too. Except my hair just gets crunchy after it dries, not lank. It's nice every so often, but I guess I'm not a cone gal.
    Have you tried any oils? I noticed that my hair still felt a little dry on the ends when I quit using cones until I started to use coconut oil. Cone free conditioners don't completely take away the dryness from my hair but they have been much better than the cone conditioners.

Length
    20/Hip/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

That has always been my experience in the past. Cones used to really dry my hair out, but a couple of months ago I used Aussie Moist for the first time and my hair has never been happier. I don't know why it's different, but it is.

January 2016

Type
    1a/1b/M/C/iii

Same here! In Italy I was forced to use a heavy cone-deep treatment to be able to wear my hair but because normal moisture treatments couldn't do anything for my hair. It looked good and felt better at first but when I returned to Germany my hair was much happier when it was cone-free again.
    At true tailbone!

Length
    WL/TBL+/TBL++
    Type
    3c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    feel great on my hair when its wet, but when my hair is dry it feels lank? and coneless feels crap on my hair when wet, yet looks great on my hair when dry!

Now why is this? anybody else notice this?
    I agree about the wet hair state with cone/ no cones.
    I'm not sure though about the dry hair thing. I still could not figure out a pattern, some times my hair feels best with cones, others it feels best with no cones.
    But since my goal is to prevent tangles-caused damadge i'm sticking to cones to preserve my ends until i reach my goal length.

How can I control my life when I can't control my hair?

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Coneless is more fluffyfying too than cones, which are too heavy for my fine hair.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    14.5"/19.5"/30"
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I have very fine hair too, Jojo, and although by all logic I don't think cones should work for me, for some crazy reason my hair loves them. Go figure, hehe. I've been trying to figure why I like my hair so much better with cones than without, and I think maybe its because my hair is so naturally fluffy. I like a little cone weight.