Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tomato Paste for Hair

Default Tomato Paste for Hair

Who has tried either tomato paste or tomato juice in their hair? Does it work or is this just another ridiculous suggestion I read?

Length
    arm/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Tomato Paste for Hair

Tomato juice?
    A moment ago I bought tomato juice instead of apple one (yuck, I hate tomato juice, and the picture on the box looked like an apple ) So I may try to use it in some mask or mix with conditioner...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Okay...I just looked the tomato idea up. Here's what it said:Tomatoes In Your Hair

Cherry Tomato

Tomato paste is a known hair remedy that will help remove yucky green stains from hair that had a fight with pool chemicals and lost.

Tomato sauce, soup or juice are great soaking agents for hair that contains hard-to-remove odors. Tomato based Ketchup will also work to remove hair stains in some cases.

Although tomato products are great for emergency hair remedies it is important to remember that tomatoes can be acidic and drying. Using fresh tomatoes regularly on the hair is not recommended.

*So I guess I won't try this!

Well you could use methods of dilution to change the acidic value, but then again it will also change the cleaning effect. So it will take some experimenting to get a balanced recipe!

I think it contains hydrogen peroxide. That's probably why it's been used for so long to help remove the smell of skunk spray. It would make sense that it could help remove pool chemicals in the same way.

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

I've used it on a dog who got too familiar with a skunk, but I hope I never have to use it on myself!

Length
    25/25/35

I had a friend who said she used it when her bleached hair turned green because of chlorine in the pool.

Length
    14/19/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pinchbeck View Post
    Okay...I just looked the tomato idea up. Here's what it said:Tomatoes In Your Hair

Cherry Tomato

Tomato paste is a known hair remedy that will help remove yucky green stains from hair that had a fight with pool chemicals and lost.

Tomato sauce, soup or juice are great soaking agents for hair that contains hard-to-remove odors. Tomato based Ketchup will also work to remove hair stains in some cases.

Although tomato products are great for emergency hair remedies it is important to remember that tomatoes can be acidic and drying. Using fresh tomatoes regularly on the hair is not recommended.

*So I guess I won't try this!
    Tomato juice is also wonderful if your dog or pet ever gets sprayed by a skunk. We just pour the tomato juice or sauce on and rub it in good and rinse. Sometimes I shampoo them after that too but our dogs are big and don't like it. I live out in the country and in the summer months skunks are often a problem.
    Last edited by prittykitty; October 17th, 2009 at 02:03 PM.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I don't know about using the paste but tomato paste cans make wonderful hair rollers.

I am not here to decorate your world

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

In one of my many crazy experiments back in my trying to remove my henna days I tried tomato sauce in my hair. I have just one word for the experience.

YUK!

Seriously. Eww! It smelled bad, bad, the longer it was on my nice, warm head, it was nasty drippy and I felt like a plate of spaghetti and sauce mouldering on a hot day. It was hard to rinse out, I was left with bits of tomato skin and flesh in my hair for days, (nothing like combing your hair and seeing red flakies everywhere... ) it didn't do anything for my hair. It didn't soften or condition or change my colour or dent the henna.

Tomato in my hair was a total bust.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!