Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curlies??

Length
    ShL/WL!!!/Clas.
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Curlies??

My hair has recently told me in no uncertain terms that it most certainly is curly and would I please stop trying to pretend that if I ignore the curliness it will go away. Ok. Well now my problem is, if I leave it curly it looks fantastic...the day I wash it. But after sleeping on it one night it is the messiest, flattest rat's nest I have EVER seen. How do I revive it, since I don't want to wash every day?

TIA!

CL
    CaraLynn
    For He's more than just my Saviour, He's my best friend forever, He's the light that's in my soul.

Length
    apl/waist/tbone
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Curlies??

You could try to spray some water mixed with a bit of conditioner\aloe vera gel\glycerin\other...there was a recip for an anti-frizz spray somewhere on the board, but I think that even water with a bit of conditioner would be fine to give new life to your curls

Length
    17.5/17.5/27.5
    Type
    2c/M/iii

head over to the wurly curly thread. There's alot of suggestions there and I am still trying to get good looking 2nd day hair. LOL

Type
    2a/M/iii

I just toss my hair over my pillow
    Waiting for waist

Type
    2c/M/ii

I make it a point not to lay on mine. Or lean on it, for that matter. If I lean against a chair or pillow, I pull it over my shoulder. And when I sleep, I lay it across my pillow. Apparently, I do it in my sleep too, cause when I wake up, it's always behind me, not under me!

Rewetting is about the only way to get the pretty curls in mine, but sometimes spraying with a mist sprayer helps. Sometimes I use aloe vera in it, sometimes a tiny bit of vitamin E and/or essential oil. Have to shake the bottle when I do that. Running a humidifyer at night helps too. Mine is not only "sort of curly" but very fine. Still want it long though!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

In the morning toss your hair in front of you and put a few drops of oil in your hand and rub together and gently grab your hair, the curls will spring back to life!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

You can wet and add conditioner/leave-in and/or gel after. That seems to work.

However, I'm lazy, so second day hair gets thrown in a sock bun. Too much effort, and they never look as good as after washing.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
    I just toss my hair over my pillow
    Yes I do this too but it doesn't always stay and it ends up under me at some point! Mine still usually does pretty well the second day. If I spray water on it, it seems to frizz no matter what is in the water. I do better just leaving it alone and perhaps working some coconut oil in it. My curls are relaxing some as it gets longer anyway and I am learning to just accept that. I'd rather have length right now than tighter curls. Maybe always will. If none of that works you could always do a CO in the morning. Sometimes if I really want fresh looking curls I put mine in a pony in the middle of my head and wet only the "tail" part and CO it leaving the scalp dry. It takes much less time to dry that way and 3a hair doesn't really curl much near the scalp anyway.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    25/32.5/40
    Type
    3b/F/M/iii

What I do is wet my hands, put a glob of conditioner (maybe with a little gel mixed in it) on my wet hands, bend over with my head upside down, and smooth the mixture over the hair to try to smooth the ruffled ones back into curls. You can alternate scrunching and smoothing as needed.