Page 84 of 711 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184584 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Length
    ??/47"/ankle
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    Shepherdess, your genes will determine whether or not your hair will grow to great lengths.

You can aid the process by:

eating eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, exercising moderately

S and Ding regularly

Trims every 3 to 4 months

Avoiding blow fryers, straighteners, hot curlers, bleach, curling irons

Using gentle shampoos and conditioners will aid you in your quest.

HOW you use your wide tooth comb and boar bristle brush will make all the difference in your hair health.

Shampooing, conditioning and rinsing properly are important.

Many of the ladies here have achieved their beautiful locks by various methods...but the one thing they all share is being patient during the growing process. You need a boatload of patience and tlc to grow really long hair.

I agree. A lot of patience indeed. I will go months without trimming because if I take an inch off....,it's a setback in the growing process. At 45 inches now....,I have put away my trimming scissors.

Lady Warrior Dyfends God and Castle In The Order of The Long Haired Knights
    Loyal Member of the Renegrays with an epic horse tail created with 47" hair.

Length
    30"/51.5"/53"
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Loreley View Post
    Measured my hair today, and realized that I have just reached my goal length, 50"!!!
    Congrats.
    Physics is the ability to express the world in differential equations. (anonymous)
    Golden cut ( the longer one) and still growing.

Evil, not Bad Moderator (SB) trolleypup's Avatar
    Length
    52"/62"/77" *
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

A few of my leaders (after S&Ding) are saying that I am at the limits of membership in this thread! Eeeeee!

2b-2a/C/iii 61"/155cm/growing fitfully longer
    LJ - Blog
    Unless specified otherwise, I am speaking as a member, not a moderator

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Panth View Post
    Probably not.

It could, however, be because all your longest hairs are reaching the end of their growing phase and that, because of your shed last year, you don't have any immediately behind them.

Think of it this way - every hair has a terminal length (or rather, more accurately, a finite amount of time spent growing before shedding). Unlike some animals, humans don't have synchronised hair cycles - each hair follicle goes through its cycle at a different phase to the others. But, if you have a big shed that is out of the ordinary (e.g. illness, after pregnancy) it will synchronise those hair follicles (at least for a little while) by re-setting them all to the shed part of the cycle.

So, you may have your longest hairs - which are not terminal, as they've had length trimmed off them over the years. If those have reached their shed time, you may appear to stall - or even get slightly shorter hair - until the other hairs catch up to that length. The big shed last year might enhance this, by changing your head of hair from a continuum of lengths due to asynchronous growth cycling to a large section that is synchronised.

In short: give it 6-12 months and if you're still stalled then it might be a case of terminal length, not just funny growth dynamics.
    Thanks Panth...I think that very well could be the case.

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada Rose View Post
    I agree. A lot of patience indeed. I will go months without trimming because if I take an inch off....,it's a setback in the growing process. At 45 inches now....,I have put away my trimming scissors.
    Thank you

I think my hair might barely be thigh length now. It went from 43 inches to 44 within a month (the last time I measure it was in February and I just measured it today and it has grown since then!).

It has been really warm for March here (practically summer weather!) will that have any positive effects on my hair growth? I think I read somewhere that warm weather and sunlight stimulates hair growth.
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

Length
    ??/47"/ankle
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherdess View Post
    Thank you

I think my hair might barely be thigh length now. It went from 43 inches to 44 within a month (the last time I measure it was in February and I just measured it today and it has grown since then!).

It has been really warm for March here (practically summer weather!) will that have any positive effects on my hair growth? I think I read somewhere that warm weather and sunlight stimulates hair growth.

I think the warm weather stimulates hair growth. Mine seems to slow down during the winter and speeds up during summer.

Last year I went through a heavy shedding that worried me. It stopped as fast as it came. I believe some of my hair had reached it's terminal length. With all the trimmings I have done, theres just no way to know how long my hair will grow.

Lady Warrior Dyfends God and Castle In The Order of The Long Haired Knights
    Loyal Member of the Renegrays with an epic horse tail created with 47" hair.

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Loreley View Post
    Measured my hair today, and realized that I have just reached my goal length, 50"!!!
    Congratulations!

Length
    12in/42in./50in.
    Type
    3a/M/i/ii

My locks are going through a MAJOR growth spurt...it's almost scarey!
    All of a sudden, I'm about an inch and one half past classic!
    I've got more new growth than I know what to do with.

Sitting on my hair has started to become annoying, and when I move it forward or lift it up before I sit down, one of my friends rolled their eyes.
    I'm not trying to be a show-off, I'm just trying to manage my hair. Seldom do I put it in a up-do, but I guess I will have to start doing it more often...I don't know.

How do you all manage your hair on a daily basis as far as doing things to keep from sitting on it, getting it caught in things, etc.

I have found out that "Waist, Butt,and Classic" hair lengths are totally different animals.

I need to take a class in "Classic Length Hair & Beyond 101"

Length
    <2/calf/knee
    Type
    1a/M/ii

A bit past classic and on my way to knee! We'll see if I get there. It has taken me 12 years to get this far.

Length
    <2/calf/knee
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Oh hey, my first double post. Oops. Sorry guys.