Page 83 of 711 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183583 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Madora View Post
    Shepherdess, your genes will determine whether or not your hair will grow to great lengths.

You can aid the process by:

eating eating healthy, drinking plenty of water, exercising moderately

S and Ding regularly

Trims every 3 to 4 months

Avoiding blow fryers, straighteners, hot curlers, bleach, curling irons

Using gentle shampoos and conditioners will aid you in your quest.

HOW you use your wide tooth comb and boar bristle brush will make all the difference in your hair health.

Shampooing, conditioning and rinsing properly are important.

Many of the ladies here have achieved their beautiful locks by various methods...but the one thing they all share is being patient during the growing process. You need a boatload of patience and tlc to grow really long hair.
    Thank you Madora!

I think I do right most of the things you mentioned, I have never really used a blow drier on my hair and I avoid curling irons or anything like that. I think I've been brushing it wrong though.

Thank you again!

Quote Originally Posted by Shepherdess View Post
    I want to so badly grow my hair down to my knees or longer! Does anyone have good tips! I'm so excited to find this thread!
    and a little patience. Good luck!

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by ladyshep View Post
    and a little patience. Good luck!
    Thank you! =)

I wish I had been keeping track of how long my hair has grown since last summer, I know it has grown some but I don't know how much.

I kept track of some of my bangs that I grew out and in about 2 1/2 years my bangs grew 22 inches.
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Mid-thigh when braided? Yay!

My sister was over the other day, and I persuaded her to hold the tip of my braid down (it tends to wurl) and my braided length is at mid-thigh.

Who knew ? Very cool.

Type
    2b/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Delila View Post
    Mid-thigh when braided? Yay!

My sister was over the other day, and I persuaded her to hold the tip of my braid down (it tends to wurl) and my braided length is at mid-thigh.

Who knew ? Very cool.
    Very cool, indeed, Delila!

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

My hair seems to have slowed (hopefully not stopped) growing. I have been at 45" for several months now.
    I reached 45 inches back in December, but I wasn't happy with my ends so I had DH trim a bit every few weeks for a couple of months. Now I've been back at 45 inches for 2 months I do hope this is just a stall.

On a brighter note; my hair is finally regaining some of the thickness I lost last year with my shed. The thickness is mostly just to my shoulders but Yeah!
    Could my stall be due to all my new hairs growing and trying to catch up?

Length
    ~15"/47"/Term?
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii/iii

I think I'm stalling too; The cafeteria food at Uni is crummy, so I end up eating a lot of pasta (it's safe) and not getting enough protein. My nails grow slowly and get wavy (thick and thin, like hunger bars in bird feathers), and I can't imagine my hair is doing much better. I've been hanging out a few inches past classic with my ends getting progressively more splitty. I need to find my hairsticks or a nice fork and go back to bunning. It's been braids for the last bit because of my yoga class, and it's showing a lot. D: I don't want to trim it, but I think I need to bite the bullet.
    CLASSIC!

Cold and rainy Sotra in Norway the land of trolls.
    Length
    Chin/Thigh/Calf
    Type
    1a/M/C/iii

Oh Oh I can post in this thread for the first time. I have a little past classic length now. But I am currently aiming for mid thigh. Getting to knee however would be dreamy, we will have to see though.

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Measured my hair today, and realized that I have just reached my goal length, 50"!!!
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=4250&attachmentid=1969

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl16 View Post
    On a brighter note; my hair is finally regaining some of the thickness I lost last year with my shed. The thickness is mostly just to my shoulders but Yeah!
    Could my stall be due to all my new hairs growing and trying to catch up?
    Probably not.

It could, however, be because all your longest hairs are reaching the end of their growing phase and that, because of your shed last year, you don't have any immediately behind them.

Think of it this way - every hair has a terminal length (or rather, more accurately, a finite amount of time spent growing before shedding). Unlike some animals, humans don't have synchronised hair cycles - each hair follicle goes through its cycle at a different phase to the others. But, if you have a big shed that is out of the ordinary (e.g. illness, after pregnancy) it will synchronise those hair follicles (at least for a little while) by re-setting them all to the shed part of the cycle.

So, you may have your longest hairs - which are not terminal, as they've had length trimmed off them over the years. If those have reached their shed time, you may appear to stall - or even get slightly shorter hair - until the other hairs catch up to that length. The big shed last year might enhance this, by changing your head of hair from a continuum of lengths due to asynchronous growth cycling to a large section that is synchronised.

In short: give it 6-12 months and if you're still stalled then it might be a case of terminal length, not just funny growth dynamics.