Page 34 of 711 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134534 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Length
    Clsc/61/More!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Yay for everyone getting closer to their goals!

I went to the barbershop today and got about 5" off, because I didn't like the way my ends were looking. I'm a little sad to not be at knee any more, but I'm going to try to do some more pampering this time around and see if I can get a nice full hemline all the way to the ends.

Also, can I just say that I love barbershops? I went in, told the guy how much I wanted him to take off, and he did it with no fuss, in maybe 10-15 minutes for $15. That's what I call good customer service.

"I met a lady in the meads / full beautiful, a faery's child / her hair was long, her foot was light / And her eyes were wild."
    61" (Mid-calf) | 1c/2a | F | iii

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I had a trim before my son's wedding, so I'm no longer at Classic (but almost!!). I'll be back when I've grown a little bit (BTW, I'm very happy with my trim- it was my first in 15 years!!)

ETA: I've just had my first official length picture done since my trim and I'm pretty sure I'm STILL AT CLASSIC!!! So I'm back.

Last edited by Xandergrammy; November 29th, 2010 at 08:08 AM.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Type
    2a/M/iii

Eternallyverden I totally feel you. I cut 5" off last April for exactly the same reason (wanted healthier ends) and felt exactly the same "but I'm not at knee-length anymore ". I'm happy to say my hair is back to knee-length now, but unfortunately the ends are just as thin now as they were when I cut it. What a waste! I hope things go better for you.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    Bald/Knees/Dunno
    Type
    1b/C/iii

Hubby measured today that there is 13 cm between my wet ends and the crease of my knees. That’s at least another 8 months of growing with no trims not to mention that my hair was wet when measured. I know its kind of silly to obsess over it since my hair is long no matter how I view it, but I’m so frustrated with being at “thigh somewhere”!
    I always felt that no matter what, my hair kept growing, my hair kept progressing, but now it feels like I’ll never ever get out of “thigh somewhere”
    And it feels like all my posts in this threads is whining about it…

Hei all! I'm new here. I have pathetic baby hair (even if the avatar doesn't shows it) I've reached classic but still have no picture. When I was little I had white poor hair, I've been almost bald my whole childhood, I always look like a little boy in the old photos (didn't had visible eyelashes eighter). When I was 9 I reached ear lenght But mom cutted it for it to grow stronger I cried so much, that she never touched my hair again. Just went to a salon two times in my life (I turned my hair Orange once, because of The Fifth Element movie heehee) After that I forgot abot my hair, and let it grow. I have reached classic even if my hair is veeeery poor at the bottom. I dont mind, it's nice and very healthy I'll wait to reach some inches more to trim it for improve the hemline and then go to terminal lenght.

Well, now you know me a bit; I've been reading but still have lots of doubts. Is it better for the hair lo wear it up or down? wich way causes more breakage? I don't shed much fortunately, but the volume of my hair is naturally SO poor that I dont want to loose any little hair hehe. Other thing that worries me is that my head hurts quite a lot if I make a bun or a ponytail, even if I do not wear them tight. It could be stress too... since I'm working and studying quite a lot...

Compliments for all of You for your beautiful hair.

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    I know its kind of silly to obsess over it since my hair is long no matter how I view it, but I’m so frustrated with being at “thigh somewhere”!
    I always felt that no matter what, my hair kept growing, my hair kept progressing, but now it feels like I’ll never ever get out of “thigh somewhere”
    And it feels like all my posts in this threads is whining about it…
    "Classic to knee" is a very long interval, well over a foot I would guess for most people. There aren't really any standard lengths between the two. Other standard goals like bra strap length or waist are much closer together, so it's no wonder classic to knee feels like it takes forever. It will take at least several years without trimming.

Hang in there! Just reaching the bottom of my, well, bottom feels like it's taking forever, I feel for you

Length
    35/54/Knee?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I agree with you Purple_figtree.

Classic to knee is a long way.

I also underestimated it.

I thinks it needs time at least 2 years.

Probably even still longer.

I needs now still 2 1/2 inches to Knee length and I hope it up to the spring 2011 to grow.

I thinks the most difficult part of the way lies now behind me and you Igor.

The last 3 inches create you and I also still.

Length
    Pixie/44"/Term.
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Northernlights View Post
    Hei all! I'm new here. I have pathetic baby hair (even if the avatar doesn't shows it) I've reached classic but still have no picture. When I was little I had white poor hair, I've been almost bald my whole childhood, I always look like a little boy in the old photos (didn't had visible eyelashes eighter). When I was 9 I reached ear lenght But mom cutted it for it to grow stronger I cried so much, that she never touched my hair again. Just went to a salon two times in my life (I turned my hair Orange once, because of The Fifth Element movie heehee) After that I forgot abot my hair, and let it grow. I have reached classic even if my hair is veeeery poor at the bottom. I dont mind, it's nice and very healthy I'll wait to reach some inches more to trim it for improve the hemline and then go to terminal lenght.

Well, now you know me a bit; I've been reading but still have lots of doubts. Is it better for the hair lo wear it up or down? wich way causes more breakage? I don't shed much fortunately, but the volume of my hair is naturally SO poor that I dont want to loose any little hair hehe. Other thing that worries me is that my head hurts quite a lot if I make a bun or a ponytail, even if I do not wear them tight. It could be stress too... since I'm working and studying quite a lot...

Compliments for all of You for your beautiful hair.
    Aww that's sad about your childhood hair. Did you have or do you have alopecia or something that slowed down your hair growth?

Congratulations on reaching classic!

I would think wearing it down would cause more breakage since it gets caught in things, purse straps, underarms, car doors, etc. Wearing it up protects it from that. Have you tried hair sticks? I feel they are alot more comfortable to the scalp than elastics, now I rarely use elastics except to do Isilya's Woven Bun. With hairsticks I never hear that tell-tale sound of hairs breaking as when I take out an elastic. (by elastic I do mean fabric-covered metal-free ponytail holders, not a rubberband!) If something makes your head hurt 'quite a lot' as you say then that really is not good for the scalp, it is probably reducing the amount of blood flow to that area and that would definitely affect hair growth. Try a hair stick called a Ketylo, it is wavy and is so so comfortable to wear in the hair!
    Lady Roheryn of the Steadfast Steeds in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    58 in/43 in/43 in
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Hi; Whew..it took me a while but I finally made it! I am impressed with all the longhairs, so many beautiful lengths.

Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Been having trouble signing in here under Chrome, and I refuse to use another browser, so... yeah. Fun stuff, lately.

Anyways, we noticed last night that when my hair's soaked, I only have three or four inches to go til I hit knee. Unfortunately, you'd never realize it's still growing when it's dry, I'm still an inch from fingertip and it's driving me crazy. I'll still be here this time next year, I think... ugh.