Page 1 of 201 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/2" growth per month to 1/2" in 4 days!!!

Length
    12"/42"/Term!
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default 1/2" growth per month to 1/2" in 4 days!!!

Hello everybody,
    at the bottom of this post is a question but first some background information that i hope might help your hair grow faster too!

My hair has always grown really really slowly, about 1/2" per month. I only ever bothered measuring it every 4-6 months since it was so darn slow.

I started taking biotin last summer & that definitely helped my hair grow faster, although my primary concern was the amount of hair I was losing. The biotin made a big difference there too.

A couple of weeks ago I started taking diatomaceous earth, about 1 tablespoon per day, and my hair grew 1/2" in a week (Oct 2 to Oct 9). Oh and I started taking a spoonful or two of molasses every day around this time too.

On Thursday I did a scalp treatment that contains sulfur (Shapleys MTG); I measured my hair again tonight, and it's grown 1/2" since Friday!

Here is some info about DE:
    http://www.diatomitecanada.com/the-s...eous-earth.htm

I have a flaky itchy scalp and I got the MTG in the hopes that it would help this. Only after I got home and read some reviews did I realize it is an old-fashioned scalp tonic for baldness & hair growth. There is a "human" version called Sulu Max Gro; however, I'd like to come up with a non-oily concoction. I'm thinking rosemary tea or aloe juice...

Does anyone have any sulfur scalp treatment recipes or suggestions? The MTG has mineral oil & smells horrid (supposedly because of cade oil more than the sulfur).

**I have some powdered sulfur, so I'm looking for recipes that call for sulfur, not necessarily recipes that use sulfur-containing foods. Thanks!**
    Last edited by piratejenny23; October 15th, 2009 at 06:19 PM. Reason: include more information for clarification; correct spelling
    River, honey? He's putting the hair away now.

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: 1/2" growth per month to 1/2" in 4 days!!!

That's some crazy growth! Congratulations! I've never heard of DE before.
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Length
    13/22/30
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Ha! This sounds like one of those paid adds, too good to be true! What brands of supplement/treatment did you use?

Length
    12"/42"/Term!
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

i know, right?! but it's not, i just have too much time on my hands. i'm out of a job and a little obsessed with my hair :P

i take 5mg of biotin a day. i take NSI which i get from vitacost.com. i haven't tried any other brand; i got lucky because this is a cheap brand and it works for me; it also worked better for me than "ultra hair", "biosil", and horsetail, which are more expensive. i'm not trying to plug them, but i worked at a health food store where we got a 30% employee discount and it was STILL cheaper to buy online. these might have worked because of my particular nutritional needs or deficiencies but everybody's different. still, all the stuff i'm trying is super cheap.

i got the DE from a garden store. originally because we had fleas in the house, and it's a non-toxic insecticide, but as i started to research it i found that people were taking it as a silica supplement. i gave it to my cat as a dewormer and his fur got really soft, so i figured i'd try it too. there are companies that sell DE for human consumption; i don't know if there's a significant difference between that & what i got at the garden store. i haven't had any bad side effects.

Length
    15/24/30(?)
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I have a big bag of white silica powder that I bought from a cosmetics supply store. I've never used it. And I just forked over $$ for Biosil, too.

As for a sulpher scalp treatment, why not make one that contains egg yolks?
    (pre-LHC)

Length
    12"/42"/Term!
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

egg yolks contain sulfur so that is a good idea, but...

i want to come up with something that will keep for a while & not be hard to wash out. are egg yolks hard to wash out?

and i've read some people's hair doesn't react well to protein. i've never paid enough attention to shampoo ingredients to notice whether my hair likes it or not. egg yolks would be a quick way to find out without buying yet another bottle of shampoo!

i have a few ounces of powdered sulfur, that's why i'm thinking of mixing something up.

Length
    Shldr/BSL!/waist
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Well I'm not surprised that this is working for you...I am taking MSM which is basically sulphur and getting some good growth.

Here is a list of high-sulphur foods. Personally I wouldn't put any of this on my head lol:
    • Asparagus
    • Avocado
    • Blueberries
    • Broccoli
    • Brussel Sprouts
    • Cabbage
    • Caluiflower
    • Cabbage
    • Carrots
    • Cheese
    • Cherries
    • Chives
    • Coconut
    • Eggs (Yokes) *
    • Garlic
    • Grapes
    • Grains
    • Kale
    • Kohlrab
    • Leeks
    • Legumes
    • Meat Protein
    • Mustard
    • Nuts & Seeds
    • Onions
    • Pak Choi
    • Parsley
    • Radishes
    • Red Peppers
    • Rutabaga
    • Shallot
    • Swiss Chard
    • Tomatoes
    • Turnips
    • Watercress

Amino Acids That Contain Sulphur

• Cysteine
    • Taurine
    • Methionine

Length
    30ish/47"/70+"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I use eggs as part of a pre-shampoo treatment every week. I mix two egg yolks (remove all the whites), a tablespoon of molasses (not the unsulphered kind), two tablespoons of honey, and a tablespoon of oil (usually coconut oil). I rinse my hair, squeeze out the water and put it on my hair. Then I cover it with a plastic bag and wrap a towell around the bag. I leave it on for about an hour.

As far as diatomaceous earth, I know a couple of people who take it internally. But if you do, be sure to buy the "food grade" version, and not the regular garden-and-pool kind.
    Lady Saphira of the Crystal Wings in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    12"/42"/Term!
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLady View Post
    As far as diatomaceous earth, I know a couple of people who take it internally. But if you do, be sure to buy the "food grade" version, and not the regular garden-and-pool kind.
    thanks for pointing that out, DragonLady, as the pool grade is not safe for ingestion! however, the pool grade and garden grade are not the same; the pool stuff doesn't work in the garden and vice versa, so a person probably wouldn't be too likely to buy the wrong kind. however, if someone was reading about it and thought, "oh, i think i have a some of that around here somewhere," -- i never meant the pool-grade stuff!!!

i've chosen to use the bag that i already have ($11 for 4.4lb) but if anyone feels uncomfortable with that, there are companies that sell DE as a supplement for human consumption.

do you use that treatment for moisturizing or for hair growth? since eating molasses is supposedly so good for your hair, i've been wondering if i could apply it directly as well!

Length
    30ish/47"/70+"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by piratejenny23 View Post
    thanks for pointing that out, DragonLady, as the pool grade is not safe for ingestion! however, the pool grade and garden grade are not the same; the pool stuff doesn't work in the garden and vice versa, so a person probably wouldn't be too likely to buy the wrong kind. however, if someone was reading about it and thought, "oh, i think i have a some of that around here somewhere," -- i never meant the pool-grade stuff!!!

i've chosen to use the bag that i already have ($11 for 4.4lb) but if anyone feels uncomfortable with that, there are companies that sell DE as a supplement for human consumption.

do you use that treatment for moisturizing or for hair growth? since eating molasses is supposedly so good for your hair, i've been wondering if i could apply it directly as well!
    I wasn't really addressing you specifically; just the world at large. There's a hardware store here in town that sells the stuff as non-toxic insecticide, but the fine print (very, very fine print) warns that it is not for ingestion. So I figured I should say something.

I use the egg/hone/molasses/oil treatment for protein, moisture and volume. Since I've been doing that my hair has become wavy and has more life to it then ever before. But the molasses does have sulphur, and so do the eggs, so it may help with growth some.

I probably should eat more molasses but no one else in the family likes it so a jar of it tends to last for years. Do you mix it with something? Or just drink it straight?
    Lady Saphira of the Crystal Wings in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!