View Poll Results: How bad does it distract you to be watched when you do your hair?

Voters
488. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stop looking at me!

92 18.85%
  • I guess it depends on the person watching but I’m not a fan

172 35.25%
  • I never thought of it

118 24.18%
  • Sometimes it can be fun to show my routines

63 12.91%
  • I like it. Makes me want to put on a little show

43 8.81%
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Being watched when you do your hair

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Being watched when you do your hair

Currently, it really depends. I don't like being watched doing anything by strangers, because I'm an anxious person and think they're judging me. Friends are fine, I know they're not thinking I'm too weird or whatever. And then I've got like this friendship level that some people have hit where I don't really have many things I'm bothered by . They've basically become family! But overall, I'd rather not be watched do anything lol.

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    32/35/40
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

Sometimes it's fun to have people looking. My colleagues often want to see me bunning with a hair stick. It's like a magic trick they can't figure out however many times I show them hahaha.

Length
    Chin/TBL/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

I voted "I guess it depends on the person watching but I’m not a fan".
    Most times I have to redo my updo when I arrive at work, because I walk too fast, or jump too much when going down the subway stairs. Sometimes some co-workers stare at my hair when I'm redoing the updo in the bathroom. One time one co-worker stood right behind me to see my hair, that threw me off a bit. In another occasion I wasn't sure if my two cinnabuns were messy with the frizz/humidity, so I asked a co-worker to take a look and she pressed my buns!
    One time in the end of the day my buns were giving out and I sat down on a bench in the subway platform, to take the pins down. The man sitting two seats away from me was typing his laptop computer, but stopped and stared at me shocked when he saw the amount of Amish and U pins I removed from my hair.

Currently at TBL , onward to Classic!

Length
    CL/Waist/CLSC
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

You gotta do what you gotta do, pulling it up so it doesn't snag on bag straps, buns falling out randomly, sudden wind and so on. But I think it comes out better when I'm not distracted or pressed for time.
    Length shot- June 2017

Length
    CL/Waist/CLSC
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pandabarrier View Post
    In another occasion I wasn't sure if my two cinnabuns were messy with the frizz/humidity, so I asked a co-worker to take a look and she pressed my buns!
    This gave me such a laugh! Ah that's so awkward though! I definitely can also relate on commute hair trouble, I take the subway daily as well
    Length shot- June 2017

I hate it. Occasionally it is completely unavoidable. But my threshold for putting up with it being loose when it needs to be up or with exceptionally saggy buns, ponytails, etc. is really, really high. If I absolutely have to then I grab its the worlds fastest ponytail until I'm somewhere private to take care of it.

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Mostly I don't mind, but I do have a neighbor who stares at me at every opportunity and I wouldn't want him to see me do anything. When my hair was long I had no issues redoing my buns in public. Every time I flew I would take down my hair to sleep (I used it to cover my face), and then I'd fingercomb and redo my hair during landing. In most cases, I think people are too concerned with themselves/whatever they are doing, to notice what I'm doing.

Length
    SL/KL/MTL
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I don't mind my parents looking but outright staring is off putting.

Length
    AHL/AHL/FT
    Type
    1a/M/i/ii

Well it could be fun to show other people my hair care routine, but definitely not when I'm doing my hairstyles since I'm so bad at it

Length
    25.5"/.../Waist
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii/iii

Where do you guys do your hair that people watch?

I do it at home. Only one that might watch is my husband, friends, or my bulldogs..

If I have to fix it in public, it's usually in a public restroom and no on watches anyone in there..

Be the voice for those that can't speak...