Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rajasthani vs Jamila BAQ - which is a darker/cooler red???

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Question Rajasthani vs Jamila BAQ - which is a darker/cooler red???

I've been offered both these brands of henna in a swap, and I'm trying to decide which would work better for me. I'm going for a truer, deep bloody red as opposed to an orange red, and would love it if it would go burgundy over time with repeated applications. So which of these hennas would suit my purpose better?

Thanks!

Jenn

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Rajasthani vs Jamila BAQ - which is a darker/cooler red???

Rajasthani, but only marginally--either one with multiple applications can turn a deep burgundy, and I've found stuff like SpecialFX and Manic Panic mixed into the henna directly will "speed" it along.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

I started getting a lighter burgandy with the Raj henna, but not as dark as I would like. Still, it's supposed to go more burgandy than the Jamila, but I am trying the Yemeni now, which is supposed to go the darkest.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

you could do what i did and tolerate a month or so being slight orange colour till darkens (i have pics in my album if you want to see) due to repeated applications (depends on you hair colour already on how quickly it will do it), end results are worth it if your really after the pure "red" colour in henna . i've used yemeni henna to get to the colour i am now and with some people it can get darker in which case when you get to a point of being happy with it you just concentrate on the roots to be safe.

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Thumbs up Re: Rajasthani vs Jamila BAQ - which is a darker/cooler red???

Quote Originally Posted by rach View Post
    you could do what i did and tolerate a month or so being slight orange colour till darkens (i have pics in my album if you want to see) due to repeated applications (depends on you hair colour already on how quickly it will do it), end results are worth it if your really after the pure "red" colour in henna . i've used yemeni henna to get to the colour i am now and with some people it can get darker in which case when you get to a point of being happy with it you just concentrate on the roots to be safe.
    So the yemeni gets darker with less applications? Sounds like it may be worth the $$ then... does anyone have pics of results with this henna?

Jenn

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Question Re: Rajasthani vs Jamila BAQ - which is a darker/cooler red???

Quote Originally Posted by rach View Post
    also rach does it do a vibrant dark red with one coat on the roots or do you still need multiple applications?

Jenn

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by earthymamawitch View Post
    also rach does it do a vibrant dark red with one coat on the roots or do you still need multiple applications?

Jenn
    no you don't need multiple applications after, it's very forgiving and blends in .

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

You're pretty much always going to need a second application for it to really stick, I believe [edit: this is if you have never done henna before!]. I think blondes get the most dye uptake the first time, but I know for myself, a darker brunette, it took 2 or 3 applications before I began to see ANY red. YMMV.
    Last edited by amaiaisabella; September 24th, 2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: clarification
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Ive got some pics of yemeni henna on my hair in one of my albums ..the colour didnt change much when I tried a different yemeni. Ialso use Jamila and yemeni is definitely darker and no orange on me at all.In fact once it made my hair so dark that my mum thought Id dyed my hair black. If you have greys the yemeni is excellent.

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

I just tried Jamila 2008, the other day when doing my henna treatment. I usually have used rajasthani indian henna or the yemeni (mostly lately), and I found the jamila to be a cooler looking henna on my hair. Usually the rajasthani and yemeni are very rich, and dark red on me. The indian builds up a bit too much, but maybe it's just me. I kind of prefer the yemeni even though it doesn't wash out as smooth as the jamila did for me.

I just like a deeper richer red. Yemeni is amazing for that Rasjathani pushes that close too, and it does wash out better then the yemeni. (Better sift with the rajasthani indian henna) (rajasthan is a region in India where indian henna grows. Best crops are there).