Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: straight frizzy hair????

Length
    27/33/46
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: straight frizzy hair????

My hair is straight as a pin and it gets a frizz of sorts. The shorter hairs go nuts if I don't dry my hair properly (frequent combing while air drying with my hair down), and they also go nuts when it gets closer to wash time. I haven't found a permanent solution, but moisture and frequent brushing/combing does tend to prevent it.

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

As others have said, it's quite possible that your hair is actually wavier than you think. More moisture might help, since dry hair is often frizzy, but it's also possible that more moisture could make the frizzing hair curl more.

It's also possible that you have something similar to what I have, which is hairs that think they're supposed to be curly when they first grow. The ends of my new hairs are quite wavy, and only after 3-4 inches of does the growth calm down and come in straighter. Those first few inches tend to curl out of the general pattern, therefore. There's not much you can do if this is what's going on. I find that greasier hair, either oiled or several days post-wash or in a water-only routine, behaves a bit better as far as these are concerned.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    Buzz/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've noticed aloe gel can reduce the appearance of frizz in my hair.

Length
    shldr/tlbn/fgrtp
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Frizz can be any number of things: new growth, broken hairs, damaged hairs, dry hair, or wavy/curly hair that was separated from the rest by a brush. Unfortunately, if it's any of the first three, there's no immediate fix, so I suggest putting your hair into a half-up (the front part of your hair combed back and secured in the back with a jaw clip) to flatten the frizzy hairs.

If it's due to either of the latter two, try giving your hair more moisture or not brushing it.