Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do celebrities get super shiny hair?

Length
    2-3"/9-10"/<20"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default How do celebrities get super shiny hair?

I just wonder what on earth they use to get that shine that you almost need sunglasses to look at their hair. I'm betting it is some super expensive salon product.

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: How do celebrities get super shiny hair?

I'm going to be a cynic, and guess the following.

1) Serums.

2) Really good lighting.

3) Extensions.

4) Airbrushing/digital manipulation.
    Bald Guru Tries Again 2k15 (journal)
    Shaved
    | Pixie | Ear | Jaw | Chin | Collar | Shoulder | APL

Length
    9in/20in/3ft
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Alcohol based glosses, I would guess.

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Cones, wigs, and Hollywood magic. I don't mean there is a secret product we all can buy, it's all a bunch of products that are bad for your hair that add in wax or other crud so the hair looks shinier. But I tell you what, If I were under 100 lights for photo shoots and movies and all that rot, my hair would shine like the dickens as well. Just look at their hair when they are not in the studio in those candid pictures. Their hair is not perfect or gloriously shiny all the time. Thus, their hair is one of the many lies of Hollywood.

Banned
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

I've asked my mom, who is a hair stylist and she says it's all smoke and mirrors.

||||||||||
    Last edited by 23_seconds; July 5th, 2010 at 07:21 PM.

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

The flat iron helps too. Causes ridiculous damage in the long run, but gosh did it make my hair sleek and shiny for an hour or two after use.

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

As a hairstylist in training who has worked and seen what has been done on the hair of many up and coming young models, I can tell you that what celebrities subject their hair to on a everyday basis is ANYTHING BUT healthy for their hair.

They will have their hair colored, highlighted, blown out and flat-ironed and curled with a hot curling iron on a regular basis for their magazine interviews and movie premieres. Trust me, they don't wake up with perfect sexy waves and flawless makeup. These people wake up at 3AM to get their hair and makeup done by the top hairstylists and makeup artists in the world, and the top clothing designers will lend them all those expensive clothes to wear.

What your seeing on these celebrities is hair coated with coney shine serums, that has been professionally blown out straight, and then styled with a ceramic flat iron or a curling iron. Its very damaging in the long run, but for the immediate moment it makes their hair super glossy. They are shot with literally dozens of hot lights glaring down on them. If any of us were given the same kind of star treatment, our hair would look just as shiny and beautiful if not more so.

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I think you can still get a pretty decent shine without all those products and devices.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Quote Originally Posted by ericthegreat View Post
    What your seeing on these celebrities is hair coated with coney shine serums, that has been professionally blown out straight, and then styled with a ceramic flat iron or a curling iron. Its very damaging in the long run, but for the immediate moment it makes their hair super glossy. They are shot with literally dozens of hot lights glaring down on them. If any of us were given the same kind of star treatment, our hair would look just as shiny and beautiful if not more so.
    And on top of that you can add photoshop - a star's best friend !