Page 1188 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 18868810881138117811861187118811891190119812381288 ... LastLast
Results 11,871 to 11,880 of 16318

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

I hadn’t even noticed that until just now you’ ve pointed it out
    Made me laugh so much
    I need to proof read before posting

Quote Originally Posted by Kake View Post
    Auto correct fail of the day!

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kake View Post
    Auto correct fail of the day!
    Amazing

Maintaining at Hip-BCL for now.
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Jaw/31.5"/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by fhairyqueen View Post
    LOVely bums everyone
    I wish I could go them myself but I think I’m just one of those girls who can’t do hair
    I’ve never been able to figure anything out
    I can’t curl my hair , I can’t do anything other than a basic plait or ponytail
    One day .....

I can’t even blame the length I couldn’t do these when I had really long hair either
    My brain just goes blah
    LOL! Your typo brightened my morning, thank you

My brain also goes blah. I can't do styling, and it's taken me a long while and a lot of practice to work out how to put my hair in a bun. It's coming, but yeah, I have sympathy.

Length
    Neck/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Hello there again, weeks later!
    I'm silently lurking through the thread like the Loch Ness seamonster-ish thingy, since I usually have nothing new or interesting to add lol.
    Until yesterday I was circa 4cm from APL, but man my poor ends was having a hard time with breakage (specially at the front of my face, on my right side). It was time for a trim! So yesterday I walked into a random hair dresser-salon and to a hair dresser whom I had never met before, for a drop-in trim.
    And it turned out great! I mean, there was nothing drastic done to my hair and the hair dresser was really nice and listened to my explanaiton that I was trying to grow my hair out. I told her I knew I have some breakage that is higher up in the hair, but I was just going to pretend that it didn't exist at the moment ha ha. She was really kind, and showed me with a mirror exactly how much she was about to trim and if it was okey with me. She didn't try to sell me a lot of hair care-stuff either, wich is nice since I'm happy with my cheap parfume-free shampoo and conditioner (and Aussie 3mm for deep- treatments).

Anyway, I only trimmed of about 2-2,5 cm, so it wasn't anything dramatic. But it takes me a little further away from the APL-goal, but I think I still can reach it before new years 2018 if I'm lucky!

Length
    Jaw/31.5"/hip
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecardigan View Post
    I'm silently lurking through the thread like the Loch Ness seamonster-ish thingy, since I usually have nothing new or interesting to add lol.
    Until yesterday I was circa 4cm from APL, but man my poor ends was having a hard time with breakage (specially at the front of my face, on my right side). It was time for a trim! So yesterday I walked into a random hair dresser-salon and to a hair dresser whom I had never met before, for a drop-in trim.
    And it turned out great! I mean, there was nothing drastic done to my hair and the hair dresser was really nice and listened to my explanaiton that I was trying to grow my hair out. I told her I knew I have some breakage that is higher up in the hair, but I was just going to pretend that it didn't exist at the moment ha ha. She was really kind, and showed me with a mirror exactly how much she was about to trim and if it was okey with me. She didn't try to sell me a lot of hair care-stuff either, wich is nice since I'm happy with my cheap parfume-free shampoo and conditioner (and Aussie 3mm for deep- treatments).

Anyway, I only trimmed of about 2-2,5 cm, so it wasn't anything dramatic. But it takes me a little further away from the APL-goal, but I think I still can reach it before new years 2018 if I'm lucky!
    Hey Congrats on the trim! So nice when you get a good hairdresser, and you really seem to have found a good one. Happy growing!

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Oh that sounds like a great stylist!! I'm glad that you lucked out with her, for sure! And I bet your ends feel a bit nicer after the trim as well.

I'm planning on trimming around June/July. For the 6-month no trim challenges. It'd also mark a year since my last trim, which will be nice! But I'll only do it if I've gained enough length in the next few months to do so without too much trouble. I think I will, though! I can almost do it now, if I really wanted to.

Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Neck/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Thank you Fred and Corvana! Yep, it felt great to have a small trim! And she was such a nice hairdresser! I will definitely go see her again.
    While my ends feel better, I have to admit I'm a little worried about them. I continuously find weak points (not split ends, just a few of those) a couple of mm to 1,5cm above my hair ends. Where those weak points appear, the hair strand bends and breaks in a "L" shape and I have to snip that of with my sciccors. I strongly suspect these are the results from the Tangle Teezer I bought a month ago. (Because I think I have read that this kind of breakage is from rough handling/detangling of the hair?). I used the TT for about a week, before I decided that it wasn't for me- heard a lot of snapping sounds when I brushed my hair,,.

And I'm sorry if I am sounding grumpy, but I just feel so "meh" about my hair right now. I mean, I reeally want to grow my hair out but at the same time it feels like it's to fine (the hair strands) and I will never be able to reach long hair,, heck, I would be superhappy if I could grow to BSL! The longest I have ever had is APL 4-5 years ago when I did benign neglect. And I just don't know what I'm doing wrong with it now. My hair is virgin, and (exept the TT earlier) only use a wide tooth comb to detangle, I use a blowdrier on cold setting literally once a year, I never use a straightener,,,. I use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, sometimes use a little protein, and oil my ends after washing my hair circa once or twice a week. Do you lovelies have any advice?
    Sorry for the rant!

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Thank you Fred and Corvana! Yep, it felt great to have a small trim! And she was such a nice hairdresser! I will definitely go see her again.
    While my ends feel better, I have to admit I'm a little worried about them. I continuously find weak points (not split ends, just a few of those) a couple of mm to 1,5cm above my hair ends. Where those weak points appear, the hair strand bends and breaks in a "L" shape and I have to snip that of with my sciccors. I strongly suspect these are the results from the Tangle Teezer I bought a month ago. (Because I think I have read that this kind of breakage is from rough handling/detangling of the hair?). I used the TT for about a week, before I decided that it wasn't for me- heard a lot of snapping sounds when I brushed my hair,,.

And I'm sorry if I am sounding grumpy, but I just feel so "meh" about my hair right now. I mean, I reeally want to grow my hair out but at the same time it feels like it's to fine (the hair strands) and I will never be able to reach long hair,, heck, I would be superhappy if I could grow to BSL! The longest I have ever had is APL 4-5 years ago when I did benign neglect. And I just don't know what I'm doing wrong with it now. My hair is virgin, and (exept the TT earlier) only use a wide tooth comb to detangle, I use a blowdrier on cold setting literally once a year, I never use a straightener,,,. I use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner, sometimes use a little protein, and oil my ends after washing my hair circa once or twice a week. Do you lovelies have any advice?
    Sorry for the rant!
    Patience! It's... the hardest part, I think.

You already know that with less than perfect hair care you can get at least APL. So that's not really a problem! But, when you were doing benign neglect, you weren't paying any attention to your hair and it's growth were you? So the patience was taken care of there because you didn't care so much.

But now you care, and now you're looking. And a watched pot never boils, as the saying goes. By paying attention, you're more aware of the true amount of time growth takes, and it feels longer because you're not distracted by other stuff.

It's hard at this length because unlike shorter ones (where you can see the growth more because you've got lots of markers on your face to compare to and your neck is shorter than your back) and longer ones (where you can generally do an easy bun or two and can put it up and forget it all day), we're sorta stuck! We can only do a little bit, but most of the time it's exploding because we need "just one or two more inches" for it to work. My general go-to is a peacock twist with a claw clip because it takes two seconds and less hair will fall out through the day than from a bun. I can do a disc bun most days, but it does slowly unravel still! And so I stick to the peacock twist more because it's more sturdy. But unlike a bun it doesn't hide anything! So I could, if I chose to (and I do sometimes), study how much more of a "tail" I've got every day.

Length
    2"/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Woo! New hair sticks are here! Just waiting on my moon now

Length
    short/short/BSL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Those sticks are so pretty Corvana!