Page 978 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 478878928968976977978979980988102810781478 ... LastLast
Results 9,771 to 9,780 of 16318

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    4.7/22/26
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by EriiFaerie View Post
    Heya! Right now my hair is just touching my shoulders... I feel like my journey to apl is gonna take forevvveerrrrrrr and I need some motivation/reassurance... I'm naturally impatient and am trying my best to enjoy the ride but y'know... It's a slow one.
    I found the journey to apl easier than reaching shoulder, probably because chin to shoulder was a very awkward look for me. Once it got past shoulder, I was less conscious about my hair. I remember at one point looking at it and realizing I already got past apl slightly. While chin to shoulder is constantly in your view. My bangs are just over shoulder length still, they're incredibly slow. They bother me much more than my longer hair.

CL/SL/CBL/APL/BSL/WAIST

Length
    CHIN/SHLDR/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by EriiFaerie View Post
    Heya! Right now my hair is just touching my shoulders... I feel like my journey to apl is gonna take forevvveerrrrrrr and I need some motivation/reassurance... I'm naturally impatient and am trying my best to enjoy the ride but y'know... It's a slow one.
    Once you can ponytail it (which if you can't now then you should be able to very soon) then it's easy to just tie it back and forget about it. Like Silverbleed I absolutely hated growing to shoulder because there was nothing I could do to keep it out of my eyes, apart from using lots of product, plus I was growing out those pesky layers which just made it look a mess. I'm much happier with it now I can keep it out of the way!

From past experience of growing out shoulder to APL really doesn't seem like that long of a journey.
    Regrowing naturally!

First of all, EriiFaerie, your avatar is super cute. I love elf/fantasy ears that are at that angle and length. They have so much personality!

I agree with Becky9679 - being able to ponytail again made it so much more bearable. I actually hate shoulder to APL the most, contrary to what Silverbleed said. I just feel like it's not the most flattering length on me - when my hair is a straight line across my upper back, it really makes my shoulders and back look super broad! It's a weird optical trick. I will be glad to move past APL. Plus the waves on the back of my head don't really have much definition at this short of a length.

Length
    13/31/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

So I finally checked my hair in the back with a towel and I'm maybe about 1/2 inch away from being able to call APL, possibly a little less! (It's hard to see with my mirror, so 1/2 inch is me being cautious).

I'm so excited about this!
    SL-APL-BSL-WL-[HS]-TBL-Cl-KL
    Lady Sihaya, Sorceress of the Magical Isles in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2b/F/ii

I'm about a week late for no reason other than not wanting to straighten my hair for the shot lol. But here it is! This months pic came out pretty low quality because I took it at night. Ah well, better luck next month. APL on me is about an inch below the purple tattoo I'm creeping up on, so I'm really close.

Length
    CHIN/SHLDR/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Off topic but OH MY GOD ASHFLOWER, LEGACY OF KAIN CLAN SYMBOLS!!!!! A FELLOW SOUL REAVER FAN!!!!! I have the Kain symbol on my outside left wrist and the double Raziel symbol on my inside left wrist. No photos to hand but they're based on these artworks to make them look slightly 3D http://www.thelostworlds.net/LoKSeri...etal-Black.JPG and http://www.thelostworlds.net/LoKSeri...etal-Black.JPG

Back on topic - this may be the angle or that you have your arms up in the photo but it looks to me like you already reached APL when straightened
    Regrowing naturally!

Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Becky9679 View Post
    Off topic but OH MY GOD ASHFLOWER, LEGACY OF KAIN CLAN SYMBOLS!!!!! A FELLOW SOUL REAVER FAN!!!!! I have the Kain symbol on my outside left wrist and the double Raziel symbol on my inside left wrist. No photos to hand but they're based on these artworks to make them look slightly 3D http://www.thelostworlds.net/LoKSeri...etal-Black.JPG and http://www.thelostworlds.net/LoKSeri...etal-Black.JPG

Back on topic - this may be the angle or that you have your arms up in the photo but it looks to me like you already reached APL when straightened
    =D=D=D Thats so awesome! I've loved the series since middle school and literally no one I run into ever knows wtf my tattoos are, they ask "what does that say?" and I have to be like "....uhh, theyre vampire clan symbols?" lol. Kains symbol is the only one I don't have, don't know if I'll ever get it anywhere or not. I put the 6 lieutenants on in order by strength or when you kill them in the games (Melchiah at bottom, then Zephon, Rahab, Dumah, Turel, and Raziel at top).

I honestly thought APL on me was the top of Dumah's tattoo(purple tat, 20") but I took a picture with the towel test some time ago and found out I was a bit off:

Maybe I'm hunching and doing it wrong somehow? I don't know. Either way I'm closer than I ever have been to APL in 13 years! Woooo!

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

^ If you have based on your previous estimation about APL (in relation to your tat) from when you have held you hands up like in your siggy, that would explain why you estimation differs from the towel test. Hands over head always makes the APL line appear much higher than the actual towel test.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

Type
    2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    ^ If you have based on your previous estimation about APL (in relation to your tat) from when you have held you hands up like in your siggy, that would explain why you estimation differs from the towel test. Hands over head always makes the APL line appear much higher than the actual towel test.
    Yeah you're right, it looks way off with my arms up but that happened to be the easiest way for me to take back shots in my mirror =p

I'm gonna take a new upright arms-down full back shot today with my hair up and draw the milestone lines on it again properly this time! lol

EDIT: Took the new picture, APL is 21" on me, so I was an inch off. Ahh well, I should hit it finally around November!
    Last edited by Ashflower89; August 21st, 2016 at 08:06 PM.

Length
    CHIN/SHLDR/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
    Hands over head always makes the APL line appear much higher than the actual towel test.
    I thought that might be the reason!

I'll have to do the towel test myself now, just to see how far off I am, and possibly estimate how long it'll take me to get there. My last cut at the end of January was to about chin length so I know exactly how much it's grown over the last 7 months.

ETA: I'm not posting the picture because it came out kind of unflattering but I'd say at least 4-5 inches. I'll probably be there in Feb or March next year, judging by my usual growth rate.
    Last edited by Becky9679; August 22nd, 2016 at 06:14 AM.
    Regrowing naturally!