Page 478 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 3784284684764774784794804885285789781478 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 16318

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    17/21.5/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Here is my TTT (TTS?), a little late.

Sigh. So far away..

Edit : Plus you can see my super-cool sunburn.. Bleh.
    Last edited by Cafe au Lait; June 9th, 2012 at 11:59 AM.
    CL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL | TBL

Dye-free since 2/25/2012 | CO-washing since 4/28/2012 | Heat-free since 5/18/2012

Length
    6/32/34
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Katleen View Post
    I've been goofing around with my hair today, and after seeing Rowie's huge sock buns a few weeks ago, I got inspired

I need to find something to make it more steady, because I don't think it will last through a lot of activity...
    That's just...amazing! <3 Loving the scarf^ ^

Quote Originally Posted by miss_asimov View Post
    Ah, fair enough. Unfortunately I can't help you there, I haven't yet found a natural dye that will give me the colour I so crave. Chemistry it is! ^^
    I know what you mean, oh the wonders of chemistry!<3 As long as my hair gets red, I'd be happy^ ^(though that's pretty hard, since my natural hair color is a very dark brown).

Monday you can fall apart; Tuesday, Wednesday, break my ,
    Thursday doesn't even start; it's Friday, I'm in love!

Length
    cl/sl+/bsl
    Type
    2b/F/i

Argh. It seems like months that my hair has been "stuck" on my shoulders. It's between collar and apl, but it just stays on my shoulders and curls there, or flips into a huge curve, or just generally gets stuck there and hangs out. Isn't it really time for it to move on, ahem? But it likes its perch...so silly-looking. So, I wear a pony mostly. At least that's long enough not to look stubby.

I guess it will have to be apl at least for it to fall correctly? Perhaps because it's so fine and lightweight it does this more?

Length
    12/29.5/31
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I've missed so much! Everyone's hair is looking great, I just hate it when work gets in the way of talking hair

Well I'm delighted to report that on measuring day I found that I've gained 0.75" in a month! I've only just started recording my growth but I hope it continues this way. Picture is below, you can definitely see the difference compared to my avatar picture. I forgot to do the towel test but I'm a really long way off anyway so I will start that next month.

Edit: I just wanted to apologise for the horrible state of my hair in the above pic! It was taken the day before wash day so is rather greasy and slept on! I did notice when looking again though that it's grown even more than I realised, compare where it sits compared to the very tops of my straps to see what I mean.
    Last edited by palaeoqueen; June 10th, 2012 at 07:56 AM. Reason: Wrong link, am slowly getting the hang of this, I promise!
    Avatar picture taken on the 1st May 2012, length=17".

Length
    12/29.5/31
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mendy View Post
    Argh. It seems like months that my hair has been "stuck" on my shoulders. It's between collar and apl, but it just stays on my shoulders and curls there, or flips into a huge curve, or just generally gets stuck there and hangs out. Isn't it really time for it to move on, ahem? But it likes its perch...so silly-looking. So, I wear a pony mostly. At least that's long enough not to look stubby.

I guess it will have to be apl at least for it to fall correctly? Perhaps because it's so fine and lightweight it does this more?
    It looks like we're pretty much hair twins and yes, mine does this too, so annoying! I'm also hoping it's something that will improve as it gets longer.

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DaniVerde View Post
    Stay away!!

If you need further convincing, jut go check out how many threads there are right now that have the theme of "Gah! Green hair, help!"

Did that help?
    Knowing myself, I would end up with green hair. But man, black hair. So pretty. I will admire from afar and grow out my blonette locks.
    buzz - pixie - chin - shoulder - APL -BSL - MBL - waist - hip - tailbone - classic

Length
    12/29.5/31
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Sorry for another post so soon but I just stumbled across an old picture from summer 2009 and had to share! The bottom of the picture is cut off but I think my hair in this picture must be either at or very close to APL! I'm excited because I've NEVER had long hair and proves it can grow this long at least, and this is with heavy bleaching and daily washing and straightening so I can surely do much better now? I do actually love the colour in this picture but there aren't many stylists who can get it that lovely silvery blonde and the cost and damage just wasn't it. I did sigh a little when I saw the picture though.

Last edited by palaeoqueen; June 10th, 2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Wrong link!

Length
    17/21.5/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I have to share this photo :

After flat ironing for years, I finally stopped nearly a month ago. My curls are finally returning, and I found this ringlet forming today! You can see some others forming around my face. Yay!!

Dye-free since 2/25/2012 | CO-washing since 4/28/2012 | Heat-free since 5/18/2012

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe au Lait View Post
    I have to share this photo :

After flat ironing for years, I finally stopped nearly a month ago. My curls are finally returning, and I found this ringlet forming today! You can see some others forming around my face. Yay!!

Yay for you!!!

I'm transitioning too, and it's a tricky road, but soooo worth it in the end!

Length
    17/21.5/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DaniVerde View Post
    Yay for you!!!

I'm transitioning too, and it's a tricky road, but soooo worth it in the end!
    It is hard, isn't it? I ironed my curls for years because flat, sleek hair was so fashionable around here.

I think my typing might change the more virgin hair I grow. I used to have a whole head of ringlets, so we'll see. I went cold-turkey and my hair is still weird - wavey in the back, ringlets in the front.