Page 3 of 1632 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    12/25/Knee
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Some layers are shoulder and my longest is getting close to apl. Seems like between shoulder and apl takes forever for me, then it takes off and grows faster...don't know why. I am taking skin, hair, and nails. Trying to eat better, oil the ends. Getting ready to try henna.

Length
    13.5/shldr/hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Im just past shoulder length at the back with some layers at the sides just at shoulder. I get a lot of breakage from colour damage so it seems to be taking awhile to grow.
    Life isn't a matter of milestones, but of moments. ~Rose Kennedy

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

I'm past shoulder length, but I get about 1/4-1/2" trimmed every 2-3 months. My next trim in October, I am planning to get some "face-framing layers" around my face, and maybe a little more trimmed off the back or verrrry slight layering to boing up the back a bit. So I feel like I take 1 step forward + 2 steps back much of the time because my curls look bad if my ends aren't trimmed (the curls on the ends frizz and that just ruins most otherwise good hair days).

So yes, I have been hovering at just below shoulder length for a verrrry long time.
    May 2010

Length
    bob/27.5/38
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

totaly almost like teh tips are brushing shoulderlength so i'm allowed here right? XD if not give me a month. but yea i'm excited for teh growth. People at school have noticed the length which is exciting.

though they mayhave noticed the picture from late august on my art desk. soo.. yea. :/ anyways its there ish.

Length
    15/24/30(?)
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I am at shoulder length in the back, just barely brushing shoulder at the sides, and my most-forward hair is at chin length. Bangs are in grow-out mode. It makes styling so challenging!
    (pre-LHC)

Length
    pixie/messy/bob
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Aaarrgh, I'm stuck in shoulder hell! I've spent most of this year being almost at shoulder, then shoulder, then ever so slightly just past shoulder. It's sooooo boring and doesn't look good on me at all. Could someone please tell me it gets better at APL!?

Length
    16"/20/35"

Quote Originally Posted by LutraLutra View Post
    Aaarrgh, I'm stuck in shoulder hell! I've spent most of this year being almost at shoulder, then shoulder, then ever so slightly just past shoulder. It's sooooo boring and doesn't look good on me at all. Could someone please tell me it gets better at APL!?
    I feel exactly the same as you!! I am stuck ing the same boat. I feel like my hair is stuck and it is so depressing. I feel for you!

Length
    <18/24/30

I've got about 3cms until APL. But I've got some damage I need to cut out as well, so that's irritating.

Strangely enough, it seemed to fly from sholder to where I am now (must be because I wasn't so focused on it) but now it really seems to be dragging to get to APL and beyond.

Protein! You got to have your protein people! Also lots of water and an a-z vitamin.

Length
    17/32/term
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

My longest layers are almost APL. It's so close! I hope I'll reach it this year... But I need a trim, so maybe I wont get there until January or February.

If I reach APL in January, it would mean that I got from a very layered cut with longest layers at chin lenght to a slightly layered cut with longest layers at APL in 1 year and 8 months, with several trims to even out the layers.
    September 2012. Next mini goal: Hip!

Length
    <18/24/30

Quote Originally Posted by Samitra View Post
    My longest layers are almost APL. It's so close! I hope I'll reach it this year... But I need a trim, so maybe I wont get there until January or February.

If I reach APL in January, it would mean that I got from a very layered cut with longest layers at chin lenght to a slightly layered cut with longest layers at APL in 1 year and 8 months, with several trims to even out the layers.
    Aren't layers the worst?! My shortest layers are only a few inches long and are the bane of my existence. Curse them! lol