Page 246 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 1461962362442452462472482562963467461246 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,460 of 16318

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by alyanna View Post
    Now that we're nearing the end of the year, are any of you considering doing a No Trims in 2012 challenge?

I'm thinking very seriously about it. Since coming to LHC in March 2011, I've had 3 trims. My hair is more or less (what I'd consider) blunt. I had a shag before and hated growing out the layers. Now, the front is still a bit layered and I have thin bangs that are now to my cheekbones. The few remaining layers don't bother me.

Depending on how my hair is looking come December, I am considering having one final little trim then before embarking on the challenge.

Anyone else contemplating this?
    Not for me!! Summer growth spurt always makes my ends a little wonky, then I want to clean it up and look nice for the holidays. So I will always have a regular trim in the fall. I might add one in the spring too just so my hairstylist doesn't get on my case or forget about me

Spatially Disoriented Charybdis's Avatar
    Length
    chin/tbl/clsc
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Feeling better about my hair after managing a slightly different half-updo. Still can't wait for the top layers to get past this awkward stage, though!

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Not trimming isn't really much of a challenge for me. I consider a trip to the hairdresser to be a chore, like regular dental and medical check-ups. I plan to get my ends freshened up in January, as my last trim was in January this year, then probably won't visit again til January 2013.

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    16SL/27/30WL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I think once my hair gets to APL and my layers have grown out some, I can be happy with it and enjoy letting it grow on its own time. But until then I will be painfully impatient. My shortest layers are slightly above my chin and the bottom layers are just past my shoulders. At this point, it's just too short to do anything with it. I can't even put it up without half a dozen bobby pins.

My hair seems to be growing slowly at this point, and I'm hoping that will change. At least until I get to APL. I just want to reach APL, pleeeeeeaaaasseeee!

Length
    18/bob/n/a
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Not me! I have ends that tend more toward the straggly side than not, and regular small trims keep them fresh and showing growth as much as possible.

Length
    Chin/BSL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I'm torn too.

My hair is on the thinnish side, so I don't know if it'll realistically withstand no trims for a whole year. I know come January, I'll be on an oiling and bunning/braiding routine to try to get through the freezing, dry climate. My hair is the worst in the winter. I figure this and no trimming might help me forget about it for a while.

I might try to go at least Jan-Jun and see how I'm doing. Maybe I'll end up trimming before summer.
    Shoulder>>>APL >>> BSL >>> WAIST

Length
    Neck/?/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'm going to have to say no to the challenge. My ends are getting nasty and need a trim, but I'm waiting til at least February to get it done! That's the beauty of having a hair stylist for a mom, no appointments, just, "Hey, Mom, can you trim my hair?"!

Slightly Frosted FrozenBritannia's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TB/45+
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

My hair grows funny, I don't think I'll ever be able to get away with no trims. One side grows faster than the other LOL.
    I seem to be having luck with micro trims every 8-12 weeks though, just to even things up. I tend to take half a cm off the the longer side at least and sometimes just the width of the scissor edge off the shorter side.. I want it to grow but I want it to still look even!
    Lady Britannia of Mergatroyd, Seer of the Dancing Lights, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.

Type
    1b/F/ii

I am planning to round out two years of no trimming this February, but after that, I'm in the for the rest of 2012, and probably most of 2013.
    ~Lady Menrva of the Cat-Kept Library in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~
    Chin
    ~Shoulder~APL~BSL~MBA~Waist~Tailbone~Classic

Type
    2a/F/ii

I am back to this thread after chopping off all my layers. I feel so much better about my hair and I feel like it was necessary to get rid of the nuisance of layers haha. I can't wait to get to APL again.

Here's a photo: