Thread: What hairdye to dye fake hair?

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default What hairdye to dye fake hair?

Is it possible to dye fake (synthetic) hair with hair dye? I tryed with some of my semipermanent but it didn't work. I got this really cool hair toy, but it doesn't perfectly match my color. Can I do something?

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Default Re: What hairdye to dye fake hair?

It depends on what the fake hair's made of. If it's plastic or kanekalon, you're out of luck: it's not possible to dye that stuff. You might be able to coat it in dye or something, but it'd probably rub off and I'm not sure it'd be worth the hassle.

If it's human hair, ordinary hairdye will work on it and so will the cold dye for dyeing silks that you can find in a craft shop. You see articles online saying that if you try to re-dye human hair weft it'll just crumble away because it's already so heavily processed. This is nonsense! I used to dip-dye human hair wefts and sell them on eBay, and it worked every time.

Best of luck with your new hair toy!

Length
    13/hip/?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Stevy View Post
    It depends on what the fake hair's made of. If it's plastic or kanekalon, you're out of luck: it's not possible to dye that stuff. You might be able to coat it in dye or something, but it'd probably rub off and I'm not sure it'd be worth the hassle.

If it's human hair, ordinary hairdye will work on it and so will the cold dye for dyeing silks that you can find in a craft shop. You see articles online saying that if you try to re-dye human hair weft it'll just crumble away because it's already so heavily processed. This is nonsense! I used to dip-dye human hair wefts and sell them on eBay, and it worked every time.

Best of luck with your new hair toy!
    This. Just like you can't dye synthetic yarns or fabrics, you can't dye synthetic hair. Plastic stuff leaves the factory the only color it'll ever be.
    makeup blog fitness blog
    Lady Sefkhet-Abwy, Tomekeeper in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Synthetic hair is pretty much plastic, and hair dye will not work. Spray-on hair color might work, but I know that stuff usually flakes off so I guess it's an option depending on what type of hairtoy it is and what style your doing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]