Thread: Natural way / product to remove brassiness?

Type
    1a/F/i

Default Natural way / product to remove brassiness?

My hair is naturally a medium brown and I have not dyed in 10 years. It has gotten quite brassy in some areas from the sun. Right now I am trying a pinch of purple kool-aid in shampoo so I have to wait to see the results. What else can I try to remove the brassiness without chemicals?

Type
    3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Natural way / product to remove brassiness?

you could find a deposit only color (no peroxide, or anything like that) mix a little bit into your shampoo and it should cover it up.

Length
    15/24/30(?)
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

you could try those shampoos/conditioners with the "blueing" in them...designed for grey-haired or blonde people whose hair has picked up a yellowish tinge from mineral deposits. There are several brands out there, just look for blue-colored products
    (pre-LHC)

Length
    13/13.5/38
    Type
    2c/M/ii

lush henna

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I've heard of mixing 2-4 aspirin in a quart of warm water but have no personal experience.

Length
    27/32-33/35'
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

I hate this. It happens to me every year--I work outdoors and my dark hair gets this gross brassiness to it.

I'm noticing that with more oiling (the ends), it keeps it down a bit--doesn't remove the brassiness though. I get my hair colored (Demi permanent) at the end of show season to cover up the gray and the brassiness.

I'm noticing that keep hair up in a bun or twist is helping reduce the brassiness/exposure to sun. A braid wasn't quite doing the job. Hope that helps

(I'm a riding coach and show horses/coach at horse shows and am outside up to 16 hrs a day)
    ~Dare to Dream~

~Lady Aithon of the Fire-Shod Steed in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Length
    baby/59"/60
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Well, this is kind of crazy, and would only (hopefully) work for the new hair that grows in, but lots of horse people feed their horses paprika to keep them from fading. If you were really desperate, I suppose you could buy some of those empty capsules and fill them with paprika. I think most people feed 4-6 teaspoons of paprika to their horses, so you probably would need less than that for you.
    I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    -Psalm 139:14