Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Face wash for hair?

Type
    2a/F/ii

I've actually shampooed my roots and the hairline with this stuff before, in hopes of combating scalp acne with the TTO. In general, my skin and hair don't like soap-based products though (I have extremely hard water and can't stand the itchy residue soap leaves behind) so that was a problem for me. But it didn't do anything awful to my hair. Try it!
    The voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas.
    Another Girl's Paradise

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mahars View Post
    Ok I will definitely bring a vinegar rinse in with me. Good idea. I know my hair really gets that rubbery feeling from when I used to wash with CV soaps, and vinegar helped it go away. I will try this tonight and report back.
    Oh cool, i'll look forward to hearing how it goes......i get one of those big bottles that you use to refill the normal size bottles with so i use it to wash my hands in and certian areas of my body too so the more uses i find for it the better
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Default I tried it!

So taking advantage of having class cancelled (I'm a law student. I don't recommend it.), I hopped into the shower at 3 in the afternoon and washed my hair with this stuff. I squirted some out and rubbed it into the top of my head. It didn't spread very well, so I put more on the sides and back. The lather was a bit thin, but it was there after a bit of scrubbing.

After I rinsed, my hair felt clean but not stripped. It felt a little rubbery, but not as bad as it gets from shampoo bars. I used a white vinegar rinse, left it on for a minute, and rinsed it off. My hair felt totally back to normal and I debated not using conditioner because it felt so smooth. I just used a bit of Aubrey Organics HSR on the ends because they've been dry lately.

My hair is still wet, so it's hard to tell, but so far I think it worked really well. My scalp is very happy from the TTO. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Oh fab

I'll definately try this sometime, maybe next time i'm in a rush so haven't got time to do a decent CO wash.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

I've made shampoo with Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Soap before with good results; however, I know there are many who've had some bad results. Yes, I'd agree you could try it. Adding the vinegar rinse will help. Let us know how it goes!

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Oh cool Cloe. I would love to hear if it works for you. Just don't forget the vinegar rinse, because it made a really big difference.

I'm happy to hear it worked out OK.

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Schanulleke View Post
    I'm happy to hear it worked out OK.
    Thanks Schanulleke. Very cute siggie by the way.

Length
    24/28/33.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I've been useing dove foaming facial cleaner for about a year now. It has grape seed oil and I'm very happy with it.

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Oh really bluegrass? Now I'm thinking of using my aloe softsoap too. It has olefin sulfonate in it - the same foaming ingredient in a lot of natural shampoos including 50/50 and Nature's Gate. The other ingredients look good too. Hmm...