Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you trim/dust your hair?

Length
    Pixie/31/35
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I s&d pretty frequently (kind of as a break from other things). Usually I trim as little as possible once every 4-6 months. I'm trying to grow out bangs though, so my next trim might be more like a cut.

Length
    Waist/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I generally trim my hair every time I cut my bangs - recently I've been letting my bangs grow from eyebrow-length to mouth or chin-length before cutting, so I've been trimming my hair every 4-6 months or so (usually while on school breaks so that I could get my mother to trim my hair, though I trimmed my bangs by myself for the first time in December and then got my fiance to trim my hair - he did a good job!). However, I used to get 2 inches or so trimmed and now I'm trying to do 1/2 inch or even 1/4 inch trims. I just started to do nightly S&D to try to tackle some the split ends that pervade my hair.

Length
    bald/11/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Once a month (after my menses, to keep track). I'm trying to grow out commercial dyes, at the moment.

Length
    long/55.5/long
    Type
    2c/C/iii

I used to not trim at all for a long period of time. Than I started trimming and saw its very beneficial for my hair. I started with every other month and than for a period of time trimmed it every month and realizing I ain't getting forward with it dropped back to everyother month. Now I can't reach my ends so BF trims them for me once every three months. My ends are in great vondition no splits or breakage because I S&D them once in a while too.

Length
    mbl/waist/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I don't have a set schedule, just trim when I feel like it might need some trimming. And it seems like it's about that time already! Right after I buy myself a nice pair of scissors.
    "I see the time. But I would rather listen to my heartbeat." ~Laila Jadallah

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    APL/MBL/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

since Christmas about 1" every 6 to 8 weeks to even up hemline and get ends thicker. I started to lose too much thickness because of all the SDg. but now I can go thru hair and not see as many splits and stuff. OMG it is time for my trim. Can't believe it.

I am thinking about doing it every other month and 1/2" at most. I should probably trim less but I noticed my hair grows better when I trim.

Length
    pixie/43/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I just did a minor trim for the first time in over three years.

Length
    7/knee/knee
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default trims

no definite time period, just when feel like a trim- may be monthly, two months

Void Where Prohibited ole gray mare's Avatar
    Length
    apl/hip/tb
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I've been averaging about 1" trim every 6-7 months. My ends really need it by then. I don't S&D because I have no patience for it. I am looking forward to hitting waist length and maintaining that length for a year.
    ~Princess Goblin~
    This illustration perfectly captures how I spend dream time with my Lily

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I trim once a year on my birthday if I remember or have another plan in place (which would be less frequent rather than more), and I've never done an S&D. My vision isn't that good and I certainly don't have the patience!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.