Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Color Oops Advice!!

Arrow Color Oops Advice!!

Hey everyone, help is very much needed. So here's my problem:

My natural color is brown. I went blonde about 3months ago then my roots were growing and I grew tired of the blonde and me being impatience didn't go to a salon to get it dyed a darker color. I bought Garniers 100% deep brown and colored it myself but then people at work pointed out the green tints in my hair (I forgot if you go from a blonde to a dark brunette it gives off a green tint) then someone told me to use a ash brown which I think made the green show more. Now I was thinking to use COLOR Oops. However as I'm reading the box it says that it will take out the darker shade not the ligt shade. So here are a couple of questions:

Does this mean that it will NOT take out the blonde that was there before I dyed it brown?

And I have long hair down to the middle of my back. Would I need 1 application bottle or 2?

Thanks! Any help from anyone who used Color Oops is greatly appreciated!

PintSize !

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Color Oops Advice!!

What color oops does is remove the chemical bonds of the hair COLOR from your hair strands. Once the color is removed, you are left with fairly ORANGE hair, because every box dye uses ammonia and peroxide to bleach your hair prior to depositing it's color.

So you can effectively remove the coloring from your hair, but if you had.....say, natural brown hair, you won't get that back. You'll have faded, lightened orangish hair. From there, you can then use a dye to achieve a natural color you're looking for.

Hope that makes sense. And you may need 2 bottles. It works very quickly, warms up and you don't let it sit for very long (I think the max is 10 mins).

Well I want my hair to be brown but I want to get rid of the green tint. That's why I wanted to use the color oops but if its going to giive me a orangy color I would have to dye it a brown again which wouldn't it give me a green tint again? And defeat the purpose of me doing the color oops? I don't know I'm so lost in what to do. I've also googled that to get rid of green tint is to dye it a red because its a warm color then if I want a brown color I'd have to dye it again 2 wks later. Oooh boy so confused! Please help what do you think will be better?

Length
    Nape/Waist/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I'm bad with the color wheel stuff....hopefully someone else can chime in. I would suggest you use just a neutral tone (not a warm or cool) to dye your hair. It's not a STRONG orange, it's simply your hair that has been stripped of a bit of color. I've not had any issue with green tinges after coloring my hair with browns...and I've used henna after color oops (even more orange). I've used warm, neutral, and cool tones, so I'm not much help in that area.

But to give you an idea of what to expect, here is my hair before color oops:

And right after:

You can see it looks just like my horribly faded highlights....which were basically just areas of hair stripped of color.

Don't Stall On Me Now!
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/Clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

You need red to counter the green.

You can use the color wheel to counter an unwanted shade. Look at the green color on the wheel. Directly across is the red. Once you add the red, it makes the green go poof.

ETA that I don't know much about color oops <never used it personally>. I do know that if you want to go a lighter color you should use it but if you're going darker as in deposit only, you don't have to use it, just use the color. I'll forewarn you though since you were blonde at one time, your color will fade faster. It's probly another reason why your hair sucked up the green base color so fast in the brown. Just get something with red in it!
    Last edited by Addy; August 29th, 2009 at 07:38 AM.

Length
    14"/25"/31"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PintSize View Post
    I bought Garniers 100% deep brown and colored it myself but then people at work pointed out the green tints in my hair (I forgot if you go from a blonde to a dark brunette it gives off a green tint) then someone told me to use a ash brown which I think made the green show more.
    Well that person was exactly wrong and unhelpful. Ash means no red/warm tones, and if you have greenish tones, you definitely don't want MORE ash in your hair - quite the opposite!!! My mom has such ash blonde hair with no red at all that her natural color is pretty much dark olive green!
    BSL to above the jaw bob now lob and headed back down

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I know there is something at Sallys (a rinse?) that is a color corrector that removes unwanted green tones... I wish I could remember what it was called!!!! I don't think you had to use developer with it, or if you did it could be a very gentle one..... check that before you more dye/ bleach (and damage)...
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Length
    Buzz/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Only use the color oops if you need to go lighter. Otherwise, just throw a reddish brown semi permanent over it, avoiding your virgin roots.

Thanks everyone, I have no idea how to know what's warm, cool and neutral. But I guess I should go w/ a reddish color then wait two wks and dye it brown again. Does me buying a drug store box brand like auburn make a difference? Because I have no clue how to do a mix of the wella and developers .

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PintSize View Post
    Thanks everyone, I have no idea how to know what's warm, cool and neutral. But I guess I should go w/ a reddish color then wait two wks and dye it brown again. Does me buying a drug store box brand like auburn make a difference? Because I have no clue how to do a mix of the wella and developers .
    Warm, cool, or neutral is usually on the box somewhere or so I've observed (I don't use dye). Ash means cool. Reddish or golden means warm.