Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Shame Files

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

Default The Shame Files

Ok, now by the time we have hung around here for a month we get to know what is "good" and "bad". Let's say we develop a hair conscience!

Now today i tied my hair into a french braid and secured it with an elastic band (the orthodontic ones) and usually they work great, but i must have tied it too far up to just slip it down, so it ended up tangled in my hair....

I was in the middle of watching "pretty in pink" (OLD 80s movie- i'm really into the 80s movies at the moment!) and i couldn't be bothered going in my room to get scissors so i look at the closest sharp object....

GUESS what i see....go on guess. You will never guess....

A UTILITY KNIFE! (AKA stanley knife- but it wasn't stanley brand)

And i sawed away at it until it was free! It wasn't particularily sharp. I know it was wrong but at the time i was in a trance and i didn't care, immediately after i cringed and thought :

"WHAT WAS I THINKING? I KNOW, I WASN'T!!!"

Have any of you guys done something equally as stupid and shameful as i? Something creatively shameful- not like blowfrying, something aweful like what i just did? I'd love to hear that way i won't feel as idiotic. And afterward did you feel guilt like i am? lol
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    15"/BSL/38"
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

Default Re: The Shame Files

Oh I most certainly have! Let's see...thre years ago I shaved my head down to 1/4 inch of hair or so with the idea of growing out virgin hair. Like an idiot, I let a friend's negative comment goad me into dying again. As usual it was a pain to keep up as you could see roots within a week. Finally, last year in September I again bit the bullet and had my hair cut down to the root line of the dye (I'd been letting it grow out so I didn't have to shave my head again). I've lost a couple of good growing years all told. Sigh...hindsight...
    AutumnLeaves

Length
    21"/32.5"/30-34
    Type
    2a/F/M/i/ii

awwww, what a shame you had to chop twice , at least it is now all virgin hair and healthy!
    ...Our hairs are just like the rings of a tree, they tell a story of what they have been through
    ...[me]
    old hair journal - pb - Lady Teesha, Minikin of Joy! OZ's where R U?

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'm a hairdresser and I know better than to perm over bleached hair, but I did it anyway. It was a mess and I hated it. So I straightened it and made it even worse. I still have some of that damage on the bottom 12" of my hair which I'm slowly trimming off. I win the ribbon, don't I?

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

My shameful hair past....reasonably distant, but still fresh in my memory....

I was 19 years old. I had hip length virgin hair. Which I wanted to have highlighted. The downward spiral starts here. I went to a salon and had my hair highlighted - it was supposed to be beautiful strawberry blonde highlights. Yeah, they turned out almost crayon yellow. I didn't trust the stylist to fix it so I went to a different place, where they guy was supposed to be a color wizard, and he said he could fix it, no problem. He put dye all over my head, not just in the highlighted parts. Non-highlighted parts were kind of a muddy auburn. Highlighted parts were......GREEN. And not a nice green, either. Swamp monster green.

I shaved my head.
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    16/38/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Oh, I ended up with green hair in high school too! I was in the 9th grade and bleached it without my mom's permission. She was so mad she went to Wal Mart and bought some box dye which turned it pea green! Next day she took me to a stylist and they had to put a dark auburn on it to cancel out the green. It looked black and was pretty damaged. I haven't thought about that in years. I guess I've always been horrible to my hair.

When the dark comes rising six shall turn it back
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I've done loads of idiotic things to my hair

If you want some 80's movie reccommendations I have plenty

Pre LHC I went full Blonde 3 or 4 times and had 2 or 3 lots of highlights in the space of a year :O

Fire on the mountain shall find the harp of gold
    Played to wake the Sleepers, oldest of the old;

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

I've had green hair too, back in college over 25 years ago. It was as a result of so-called "black henna" and it turned a rather edgy dark forest green, with reflections like a starling's wing and I got several compliments - it was getting near to Christmas time, and one person assumed I'd done it on purpose as a seasonal statement!

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Length
    30/30/32+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Worst thing I did to my hair was 7th or 8th grade, I put hydrogen peroxide in a bottle with water, saturated my hair with it, and blow dried it. Yes it bleached it. I never did that again, after that, so for a year or two I had a horizontal line between bleached and virgin hair.

Length
    2"/4-5"/shldr
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Generally speaking......stepping foot into a salon, for me, is a horrible, no good, very bad thing.......

And then......they made over the counter coloring solutions.......they need to license those....

At least, now, I'm back to virgin and only growing out layers and not color, to boot.
    Ultimate goal=Healthy Hair, easy care.