Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rajasthani Monsoon Henna??

Length
    20"/23"/hips
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Rajasthani Monsoon Henna??

Out of curiosity, and a desire to try it, has anyone ever tried H4H/mehndi.shop's own specially grown henna, Rajasthani Monsoon henna, on their hair, and if you have, how did it turn out? Did it turn out richer/darker?? It certainly looks that way when it is applied to the skin!!

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

Default Re: Rajasthani Monsoon Henna??

Not me personally, but the Rajasthani Indian henna, and most herbs coming out from India usually are ready for Fall Crop time. So the new 2009 should be coming out in like Oct/Nov.

I have used this henna since Catherine started selling it. Just purchased 500g more. I get a wonderful burgandy cherry color. The color release seems to be just as strong as the first package I opened. I mix up all 500g at a time and put some in root shooters and some in ziplocs. Full henna every two weeks root shoot in between. HTH you really can't go wrong with any of Catherine's henna.

RoseAnn
    RoseAnn

Products: CWC, sulfate free poo, silcone free rinse, ACV, EVOO, AVG, RajHenna.

Length
    20"/23"/hips
    Type
    1a/F/i

Thanks, ladies! I guess I should just wait a little bit longer to purchase some then! But a Burgundy-dark cherry colour is what I'm after, so I think I definitely will be buying some now!! Do you by chance have any pics of your hair to post, Roseann, I'd love to see it!

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

yemeni and rajasthani indian henna are two henna powders that will give you a deep burgundy-red tone

Quote Originally Posted by tooqute2nv View Post
    Thanks, ladies! I guess I should just wait a little bit longer to purchase some then! But a Burgundy-dark cherry colour is what I'm after, so I think I definitely will be buying some now!! Do you by chance have any pics of your hair to post, Roseann, I'd love to see it!
    Hi, I posted a few pics under my album. Not a good clear day today so inside pics are not really great. The outside pic is from last week but you can see some of the streaks. I a few grey that are very fuschia (sp) now. My hair seems to take well to this henna. I do want to try the PP that people have raved about and I suppose I will if H4H stops carrying the Raj.

Have a great day!!

RoseAnn

Length
    20"/23"/hips
    Type
    1a/F/i

Oh my gosh, Roseann! Thank you so much for posting pics!! Your hair looks GREAT! I am totally coveting it! lol

Hey RoseAnn thats great pic. I never tried. But i feel i should try this once. And tell you my review.

Length
    20"/23"/hips
    Type
    1a/F/i

RoseAnn< Did you that dark of shade, with burgundy highlights, solely from using the Rajasthani Monsoon henna, or was your hair almost black/dark dark brown/previously dyed/had indigo in it, before?

Thanks for the compliment.

My normal color is dark brown. My main reason start henna was my blowfried permed hair. Started to henna just to help my hair feel thicker. I only dream of one day being TB length but I am a slow grower lol, but there are so many in this community with beautiful hair.

I have exclusively used Raj for approximately 4 years. I previously purchased it from another supplier which is no longer in business. When Catherine at H4H began offering her specially milled Raj I use hers. From 2003 to 2004 I used Jamila from H4H.

I just love the way my hair looks and feels and I give all the credit to this community. I don't post alot but i come and read everyday. Good luck I hope you post some pics.

RoseAnn