View Poll Results: What is the shortest your hair has ever been (not including birth)

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • shaved

42 21.76%
  • short pixie

54 27.98%
  • shaggy pixie

20 10.36%
  • bob

51 26.42%
  • shoulder

17 8.81%
  • APL

4 2.07%
  • mid back

3 1.55%
  • waist

1 0.52%
  • hip

1 0.52%
  • TBL

0 0%
Page 1 of 120 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the shortest your hair has ever been?

Length
    22/29/42
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Question What's the shortest your hair has ever been?

I was just reading a thread on pixie cuts and it got me to thinking...wow, my hair has never really been that short. Pretty much all my life I've had longish hair. The shortest I went was up to chin length when I was 11 or 12 because I was bored and wanted a change. I instantly hated it. I wore my hair the same way everyday - half back - because I hated the way it looked when it was down, and that was the only hairstyle I could do. After it finally grew out, I learned my lesson and never cut it above shoulder length again, haha.

So tell me! What's the shortest your hair has ever been? I'm wondering if there are a lot of people like me who've never had very short hair.

Lady Temperance, Keeper of the Border between Night and Day in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    12/48/term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Default Re: What's the shortest your hair has ever been?

My shortest hair was probably about 12 inches also which is like between chin and nape for me. I went from waist to that cut at about 12. Hated it, almost cried the first time I took a shower. Must have permanently damaged me because I can never go that short again!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii/iii

My hair has been longish too for most of my life. There were a few times when I chopped, mostly to my shoulders. Last year I had it cut to just below my chin with layers. It was awful! I wore it half-up like you described all of the time. I couldn't stand it!

About ten years ago I had it cut from almost waist to a longish pixie. That was the shortest I have ever had it chopped. Some women look awesome in pixie cuts. I was not one of them.

Length
    23/27/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

The shortest I ever went was a jaw length bob maybe 4 years ago, I loved it at the time and did get it recut a few times but it did require really frequent washing and styling products which is the main reason I grew it out again.

I doubt I'll ever go that short again, my curls are much easier to manage with some decent length

Length
    APL/Tbl/Clssc
    Type
    2b/M/ii

The shortest my hair's been was pretty darn short. Actually, I was trying to emulate this comic book character's hairstyle when I was 14 or so. Unfortunately, it looked ridiculous on me, so I grew it out fairly quickly.

Other than that, my hair has varied mostly from jaw length to shoulder length most of my life.

Currently: tailbone length
    Next goal: classic length

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

In recent years, a long pixie. When I was little, a bowl cut! XD

Length
    15/40/45
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I also had a sort of bowl cut as a small kid, but since the age of 10 it hasn't been shorter than around shoulder length. Short hair just doesn't look right on me.

Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

When I was 16 I shaved my head. Apart from that since the age of 13 my hair has always been in a bob - a bit longer or a bit shorter.

As a kid I also had the bowl hair in the sumer an longer hair in the winter. Each school year we would go to Russia, where my hair was left at peace and each summer go back home to Bulgaria and my aunt would do the bowl thingie. It looks very silly

By the way, I was very mistreated in Russia every autumn, because I was the about the only girl in my school with short hair. And everybody kept calling me "malchik" (boy), regardless of the skirt.

And now I want change - long hair.

Length
    18/20/46
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

When I was about 8-12 I had a Bruce Lee cut had it chin length for years too

Length
    Shldr/Clbn/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

a pixie cut, very very short pixie. It was nuts how much it changed the way I saw myself, I no longer felt pretty and I became very depressed for a while, it was awful!
    ~~Lady Cēphisso of the Evercolor Inkwells in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~~
    Shoulder!!!!...on my way to Classic!