Thread: Porosity: what's up with that?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Length
    Short/IDK/Hip
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Porosity: what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by hootietoot View Post
    Interesting theory. That might explain why cones do wonderful things for the majority of my hair, but eventually give me sticky, tangly ends (where my hair is more porous due to age and some chemical damage). Looking forward to seeing the poll results.

From Buddaphlyy's post above, I would wonder if it makes a difference if your hair is naturally porous, or porous from damage. Perhaps cones settle evenly into naturally porous hair and build up unevenly in damaged hair...
    You may be on to something but maybe it depends on the cone? Because when I was growing put my relaxer (therefore I had naturally porous roots and porous from damage on my ends) the only product that worked for my entire head was L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment which is chocked full of cones.

However, if I wasn't using this I would have to use one product for my roots and a totally different one for my ends to make my hair look alright.
    IMHO, one can never have too much conditioner. ~Proverb from a PJ~
    Lady Bey of Twilight Cloud in the Order of the LongHaired Knights

Banned
    Length
    ?/26"/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Porosity: what's up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddaphlyy View Post
    You may be on to something but maybe it depends on the cone? Because when I was growing put my relaxer (therefore I had naturally porous roots and porous from damage on my ends) the only product that worked for my entire head was L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment which is chocked full of cones.

However, if I wasn't using this I would have to use one product for my roots and a totally different one for my ends to make my hair look alright.
    Good point. There are so many types of cones with different solubilities...someone needs to do a proper scientific study! My brain hurts now!