Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ID & Passport Photos - how do you wear your hair?

Length
    tb/tb+/clssc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default ID & Passport Photos - how do you wear your hair?

Uggggh, the dreaded taking of a photo for a passport, driver's licence, or staff ID!

Everybody hates them (don't they?), but the dilemma for a long-hair is - what style do you wear that will be flattering in a close-up, straight-on picture of your face? (Especially if you don't have face-framing layers. ) The one taken of me today was a disaster, so I need to think of a style to wear tomorrow that is suitable for work, and will look okay in a photo of the front of my head. Or maybe I'll just have to let it down, do a quick half-up for the photo, and then put it up again. *sigh*

But enough about me, what do you do?

Mad SCIENTIST!
    Length
    1/26.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: ID & Passport Photos - how do you wear your hair?

Heck, I don't worry. Particularly for passports, there is a strict requirement that it be all out of your face, so it's a normal braid for me. Plain, out of the way, but not too harsh (as in, pulled straight back.)

Length
    tb/tb+/clssc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Good on you for not worrying, Flynn.
    I know I'm too self-concious about it. Most of my daily styles do make me look rather harsh. And with a standard bun, it looks like I have no hair at all.

Length
    BLS/class/tigh
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I usually have it down or in a halfup because the harsh lighting where they take the photo's washes me out. Like this I still have some color in the photo.
    Last edited by KatKeRo; July 29th, 2009 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Added a part of a sentence

Length
    mback/tbone/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

We got to have the hair out of our face, your ears have to be visible and no smiling (good I hate having to show your teeth for a picture...) so it's pretty easy. I just went with a bun and it looks ok... Passport pictures aren't the kind I proudly put on the wall anyway so, why bother.
    Being who you are is the ultimate compliment to yourself ~ Secretmidnight
    My album

Type
    2c/M/ii

Oh no, my passport photo makes it look like I have horrible facial burns - I have no idea how a black-and-white photo can turn out so horribly!

I just wore my hair as I normally do - just hanging down (like in my little picture to the side here). It wasn't my hair that looked wrong, it was my face.

Type
    2c/M/ii

I thought I ought to add (just purely my own opinion!) that it may be a good idea to have you ID photo taken with hair style you most commonly have - that way you may at least look a little bit like your ID photo...

(I look quite different with my hair tied up or back)

Length
    mback/tbone/clssc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

heheheh that makes me think of this picture I had taken in one of those automatic picture cabins (was for a public traffic card so not as important as an ID picture). The lighting was so weird my skin looks a bit pupleish and my hair looks black. I got strange looks from bus drivers a few times already
    Being who you are is the ultimate compliment to yourself ~ Secretmidnight
    My album

Length
    24/24/38
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I did a half up for my recent passport photo - I find it more flattering on me than all up because I have a round face

Type
    2b/F/M/ii

My "facial" problem is mainly that it is just really round and fat, and I am not yet convinced that the no-fringe look is working for me.... so I try to give myself a faux-fringe by swooping some hair across my forehead. Even if I have to secure it with ugly/multiple clips, at least it (hopefully!) looks semi-decent for the pic.

Apart from that, the pic doesn't really go below collarbone, so whether my hair is knee-length or BSL won't really be obvious, IMHO. So I worry about the face stuff more than anything else.