Page 2 of 2980 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ficcare Thread (Formerly "Show me your Ficcare color")

Length
    -/knee/-
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Thank you, almudena and eadwine!

~Lady Kuan Yin of the Tempest Tossed Waves in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights~

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kazazi View Post
    Ok, this is probably a really stupid question...but what is so fabulous about the Ficcares? They sure look very beautiful but is there more to them? And does anybody know where I can get them, or similar clips, in the UK?

Thanks
    Not a stupid question. After all, they do look very simple, but they are so versatile. You can use them in a lot of different buns, and if you have long hair (BSL, waist, hip etc although if you get too long they might not work) they will hold everything without other reinforcement. They hold like a rock, and don't require readjustment throughout the day. Plus, I find them easier than sticks and forks; I just clip it in and I'm done. Some people feel differently. Ficcare has a website: www.ficcare.com About what they have in the UK, I don't know.

DO note.. the "they hold like a rock" statement ONLY applies when you have the right size ficcare. Everyone said I needed a large, and my hair just fell out of those. I needed a medium

Here are some of mine:
    Two Jean Maximas (large and medium) and a honey marble maxima (since given to my daughter), a baby pink medium maxima, and two medium ficcarissimos baby pink and baby blue, which I got from headgames.
    Headgames has a 10% of promotion on until April 18th. I posted the promotion code in another thread around here somewhere.

Here is my large maxima showing the padding I added to it to prevent it from slipping. My hair is longer now, and I might no need the padding any more. The medium ficcarissimos seems a bit small. I also have a burgendy and cobalt large ficcarissimo, I had a violet, but my daughter took it (all three large size). The large size ficcarissimos seems best for me.

Last edited by Mely; April 13th, 2008 at 10:32 AM. Reason: add forgotten link, corrections
    ~Lady Bau, Protector of Canines in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kazazi View Post
    Ok, this is probably a really stupid question...but what is so fabulous about the Ficcares? They sure look very beautiful but is there more to them? And does anybody know where I can get them, or similar clips, in the UK?

Thanks
    I got mine in london, at selfridges..

Length
    17"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Here are mine in natural light:

From left to right:
    - Primavera - L
    - Emerald border - L
    - Silver border (matte) - L
    - Black border - L
    - "If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable"

Length
    chin/shldr/hip
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

Mely, do the Ficarissimos work the same as the Maximas and just have a slightly different shape? And are they completely smooth metal on the inside without the added padding?

If they are, I saw something similar (just plain metal) in Boots - should it work the same, or is there a special trick to how he Ficcares are made?

Also, what I have seen a lot, are similar spring clips but each half is a bit more like a hollow cylinder, so there are edges. Has anybody tried these and do they work similarly well? I was worried that the edges might damage the hair?

Thanks again

Both the maximas AND the ficarrissimo's have teeth inside.. the latter two rows aligned So neither are completely smooth.

Type
    1b/F/ii

All are large:

Black and white Lotus Maximas, silver matte Ficcarissimo, 2-tone red Lotus Maximas

Eggplant Ficcarissimo, gold matte Ficcarissimo, black with silver border Ficcarissimo

The 2-tone red Lotus in action.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Maximas large jeans, ficcarissimo large honeymarble, ficcarissimo large golden pearl

Maximas Large silver matte

I'm more fond of the shape and hold of the ficcarissimo :-)
    Golden pearl in a low beebutt

It also perfectly holds a braided bun without extra pins

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi