CBL/BSL/TB
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

Love your hair Nightshade!! So pretty!

{APL♥ BSL♥ MBL ♥ Waist ♥ Hip ♥ TBL ♥ Classic}

Quote Originally Posted by rohirrrims View Post
    Thank you! I used cassia at the beginning because I wanted to keep the orangey colour (like a natural copper, not red/purple as henna can build to), but I quickly realised that over bleached hair, henna will still be orangey so I didn't have to fear getting a purpley shade there! So I'd just miss out that stage unless you are super concerned about building up too much pigment too fast. I just realised on my damaged horrible length I wanted MOAR red pigment NOAWW haha

By the sixth henna, 3 straight, I had built up enough red tones along with the orange (literally sparkly red hairs) to reach the rich natural red I wanted. I noticed after the straight hennas there was a lot more red to my hair (still natural looking, just deeper than orange). I don't think the orange is less natural, but because I have hazel eyes and not blue, I suit the deeper shade of ginger. I used to allwways end up with the light ginger with chemical dyes because they would fade and leave the bleached hair showing and that didn't look right with me.
    On my roots is a different matter because they are a lot darker and I think the henna builds quicker to a deep red there.

I actually just cleared out my phone of hair pictures because my fiance thinks I'm mad always checking the colour! So I deleted all the hair selfies, but I do have these from my twitter, some inbetween henna shots, not sure exactly when but the colour build up was slow across the 6 applications. If you compare them to the start and end picture in my last post you can see the difference at least!
    (possibly this order)

I hope this has been helpful! (and I am really sorry for the face spam!)
    This color is amazing and you are super pretty

Length
    shave/34.5/?
    Type
    2b/F/i/ii

Its not graceful and you can see the much lighter spots where the white streak is on the top and where the white hair is coming in now that its oxidized. This is outside in overcast light. I still want to get some in full sun for ya'll but the weather is not co-operating. The few times I have caught it in the sun it is OMFG its red RED and I absolutely love it. Red Raj rocks.

url=https://flic.kr/p/nhTvhn][/url]mummyhair copy by rosarl13, on Flickr

Length
    3-6/15/25
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii/iii

Just got my henna out! I know the colour will change in a few days, but I'm so thrilled with it that I just have to share! (Unfortunately though, I can't find my camera. My iPod does no justice )
    Original virgin brown the night of (I slept with it in)

Out of the shower

In the sun (It looks much more red than in the photos)

I'm going to let this mellow out and then see if I want to do a second application or not!

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Looking at all these lovely henna heads is making me super eager for my henna to arrive so that I can do an ombre on my hair. I love the henna/cassia glosses I've done, but think it would be wise for me to keep that to once a quarter instead of every month since I don't want to change the color of the hair next to my scalp too much. I'm just so excited to see that bright red on the ends of my hair. So, how far up should I take my ombre? I was thinking somewhere in the APL to BSL range. And what about the shape of my application? I was thinking a V-shape application would be easiest to accomplish because I can tie my hair under my chin and keep it all where I can see it when I'm applying it. But do you think a blunt or U-shape application would be better since I have a mostly blunt hemline? If so, how would I accomplish that?

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    26/17/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Can't answer your questions LLL, but it's going to look awesome!
    starting over September 2014!
    APL-BSL

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Laura I think starting at BSL and then down into a V would look good. That way the eye is drawn down to the ombre showcasing length. I think APL may give an illusion of shorter hair since the visual marking of armpit will keep eye drawn up if that makes sense.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Nightshade you're mixing with cassia for roots touch ups right? When doing that so you ever refresh the length or will it darken still even with the cassia?
    You color is really evolving nicely. Lots of warm copper hues beaming out.

JS09 I can see the red! Really pretty color.

rohirrrim love the color but even more so then condition. It really shows a difference in texture somehow. Its so smooth with the henna. I like the idea of lightening the roots and doing henna over. That is what I will have to do when I make the switch from dye.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Length
    18/30/32
    Type
    2b/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rohirrrims View Post
    Glad it was helpful!
    I think I did an application once every week, like every Thursday, but I think also a did a couple with only a few days in between, so on a Monday then the Friday. I really didn't see any difference with waiting. It doesn't seem to oxidise much on my bleached hair, sure it looses the vibrant orange glow but it doesn't get darker or browner, just a richer red. It should be fully oxidised by then so yeah I'd say go for it as soon as you want!

And thank you! My hair was (and still is really) in a hideous condition from pre LHC daily heat styling and monthly bleaching, but since using henna (and coconut oil pre-poo treatments) my hair feels like it can hold itself together now! I used to shed a lot of hair everyday that just snapped off and that has greatly reduced. I don't need leave in products or detangling sessions anymore and it is finally shiny again. So even though the damage can't be mended, henna has made it look and feel as if it has!
    Ugh how I wish I'd just went for henna sooner :P
    You took the words right out of my mouth! I thought about doing Henna about two years ago and then only did a cassia gloss because my boyfriend at the time couldn't handle the change in my hair color Anyway, I wish I had done it then! I'm thinking about how long and beautiful my hair could be now.

I also did a gelatin protein treatment and SMT yesterday, so if you feel like your hair needs that you should definitely do it! I'm thinking now that I may be able to grow out my bleached mess instead of chop it off.

Growing since April 2014. Currently around TBL.