Page 364 of 598 FirstFirst ... 264314354362363364365366374414464 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,640 of 5975

Thread: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

Length
    chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/i

Default Re: Show Me Your Hennaed Hair!

erialc, I am loving your colour!!! so intense! What was the starting colour?

I have done my first ever pure henna last night. I normally hendigo girl, but my idigo washed out and I read that doing full head of henna first will make it stick. But I think I'm going to stick to just henna! Its less mess then indigo and easier to wash out! I left it on last night and then went to bed (risky, i know) but I used so much clingfilm and toilet role around the edge so it absorbs any leaks, and a towel on my pillow. tell you what, not a single stain this morning. I had left it in total for 10hours but my henna was defrosted twice so I wonder if that has affected the result.

before (hendigoed hair):

after:

Chin>Shoulder>APL>BSL
    Going through an awful shed since june'13, lost more than half the thickness of my ponytail.#stressed

Length
    ?/20.1/?
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

AnnaB Thank you!! My avatar shows what it looked like before I did this second application. Before the first one, I had some mid brownish, hard-to-define-colour. There's a picture of it somewhere in this thread, around beginning of december. It's only that intensely red in the sun light, in the shade it looks much darker with only a tint of red.

Your hair looks awesome after the henna!

Length
    chin/SL/BSL
    Type
    1a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by erialc View Post
    AnnaB Thank you!! My avatar shows what it looked like before I did this second application. Before the first one, I had some mid brownish, hard-to-define-colour. There's a picture of it somewhere in this thread, around beginning of december. It's only that intensely red in the sun light, in the shade it looks much darker with only a tint of red.

Your hair looks awesome after the henna!
    I love that fact when it looks different under different light! which henna do you use and what do you mix it with. If you don'd mind me asking

And thank you, I love it. My hair looks dark inside too but brighter outside. But for me personally its more about the benefits of henna and I don't even mind what colour it comes out

Chin>Shoulder>APL>BSL
    Going through an awful shed since june'13, lost more than half the thickness of my ponytail.#stressed

Length
    Bob/BSL/Hip+
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

All of you have fantastic looking hair! I've got my first henna on right now and if it turns out half as good as all of yours has I will be a happy girl!
    Last edited by Lyv; February 12th, 2013 at 08:45 AM. Reason: spelling

Length
    ?/20.1/?
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaB View Post
    I love that fact when it looks different under different light! which henna do you use and what do you mix it with. If you don'd mind me asking

And thank you, I love it. My hair looks dark inside too but brighter outside. But for me personally its more about the benefits of henna and I don't even mind what colour it comes out
    I've used pure Jamilla henna, mixed with a few spoons of lemon juice and the rest hot water until thick yoghurt. Then after 12 hours+ I've added some honey and conditioner (cone free) and left it on my head for like 2 hours.

Yes, the benefits aaalmost out weigh the colour, even though I absolutely love the colour henna gives, whether it's on lighter or darker hair!

Length
    ears/34"/???
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    Congratulations on your pregnancy, owlathena. You look very pretty in your pictures!
    Thank you!

Length
    apl/bsl/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by erialc View Post
    I did a second application of henna the other day and I'm loooooving the results! Just look at how SHINY it is!! Can't stop looking at it :P
    This is in direct sunlight. I love how it looks quite dark, but then when a light hits it, it just explodes into red! haha
    I love it too; I don't mind it looking brownish in dark light, as long as I can get into bright light often and expose the intense red! Your color is a lovely red!

Length
    13/35/40
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I'll post this photo here, too. Two henna glosses and one 1.5 hour henna. Taken in dim yellowish light with flash.

Achlys that's beautiful, I love that color! What's your starting color?
    Hennahead

Length
    13/35/40
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by HylianGirl View Post
    Achlys that's beautiful, I love that color! What's your starting color?
    Thank you!

This is before, in daylight:

It looked quite red on cloudy days, though.

I think the henna looks a bit less red now after an oil treatment I did.