Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Biotin causing Acne!

Length
    15/28/33
    Type
    1c/F/i/ii

Default Re: Biotin causing Acne!

I have read that MSM and/or zink helps with the breakouts. I have had a little bit of cystic acne (like one or two cysts) when I started taking biotin (about 6 weeks ago), and added MSM. Haven't had anything since, but not sure if it was the MSM, or if maybe I just had some hormonal issues during that time and not adverse reaction to the biotin after all.... I can say though that my hair seems to be growing faster, but again, I am not sure if that's the effect of the biotin or just better haircare in general.

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Biotin was the cause of my flare ups.As soon as I stopped they went away. Even multi vitamins have it so I take pills I need individually.
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I've always had bad acne til a few years ago and I started biotin slowly and am now @ 5000mcg a day and having no break outs at all, but I increased over a year period.

Length
    22"/36"/40"
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Angry Re: Biotin causing Acne!

I ran across this post by accident! I've noticed my acne has been bad but it's gotten so much worse over the last couple years. Now I realize it could be because I've been taking biotin and a b complex. Guess I'll be stopping those!!

Length
    mbl/hpl/tbl?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hmmm. I've been getting cystic acme since I started college, but that was before I started taking biotin, and it hasn't gone away. Maybe I need to stop or lower the dose...

Technicolour Pug Lover pink.sara's Avatar
    Length
    42/26/36
    Type
    1a/1b/F/iii

You aren't alone in the biotin breakouts. I tried it having had pretty much perfect skin all my life and had horrid little pimples around my nose and chin that got worse over about 5 months until I ran out of biotin and didn't take any for about 5 weeks.... Which was about the time it took for my skin to clear up.

I attributed it to the fantastic new skin regime I'd purchased or just hormonal changes around 30 (thought maybe it was an age thing) then I bought a new tub of biotin 1000 tablets and within 3 weeks it was coming back. SO asked if I had been doing anything different our taking anything new and it twigged.

My hair grew faster, my nails were awesome but my skin hated it!

Brand New Redhead

Length
    1.5"/40/41.5
    Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Post Re: Biotin causing Acne!

I, too had significant breakout when I started taking 5000 mcg Biotin/day about 6 months ago . I don't remember how I figured it out but once I stopped those capsules, my skin went back to its normal condition . I do still get a small amount of Biotin in my daily MultiVitamin but apparently it's not enough to cause a real problem. I do also take 1325 mg MSM/day. I may at some point, try to gradually increase my Biotin intake and see what happens. I'll be sure to post here if I do .
    Maintaining at Classic for awhile.
    Laydye Aurora of the Spynning Fybres in the Order of The Long Haired Knights