Thread: Blondiesturn fork (swap only, worldwide)

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Default Blondiesturn fork (swap only, worldwide)

This is a 6in Blondiesturn fork of pink ivory. Like I guess all her work it's beautifully smooth and the grain is wonderful to look at. The color even suits me pretty well, but the problem is it's 6 inches long, and really anything over 5in is overkill for me even if my hair grows another foot, and anything over 5.5in is just too long. I picked it up on the swap board - I think from OhioLisa. Here it is:

I would like to swap it for...something. But: only something else of pink ivory or something else by Blondiesturn, preferably the latter (because she isn't making stuff any more, AFAIAA). And it basically pretty much has to be a fork, since I really don't use hair sticks and I don't think she ever made barrettes. I'm willing to even up, cash wise, if necessary.

Anyone?

wg

Length
    24/36/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I do have an ebony two-prong from her that is, hmm, 4 inches? It's too short for me now, and so I do not use it. If that tweaks your interest, let me know and I'll go measure out the details.

Length
    --/tb/--
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Sure - measure away!

wg

Length
    24/36/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Will do. I'll find it tonight and post a picture ASAP.

It would be lovely if it works for you. I've been trying to wear it recently, but it doesn't work anymore. The ones that are more scratchy do, but Blondiesturn is like silk, and my hair is now too long for this size I hate to see it go unused.
    Last edited by Hue; April 14th, 2008 at 08:11 AM.

Length
    24/36/??
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Hi, wendyg. My sweetie will take a picture today (I cannot for the life of me figure how to download pictures from the camera, and he has been away), but it occurs to me that the dimensions might be of use.

It is black ebony, and though you can see the grain when turned in the light, it is so polished as to feel like hard plastic (smooth as butter, like all of her work). It measures 4.2 inches from end to tip, and the prongs are 3.4 inches long.

I will make sure that picture gets up today. If we decide to trade, let me mail it to you first and await your approval of the trade once you try it out-- if not, you can send it back, but if you are pleased, then you can mail yours. I am in morbid fear of trades that get lost in the mail, and as I am not able to use this, it is no great loss for me to wait.