Thread: Trimming to maintain progress pics. Share yours!

Length
    21.5/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Trimming to maintain progress pics. Share yours!

As a follow-up to this thread:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ferrerid=14934

I thought it'd be nice to see progress pictures of people who are trimming to maintain a hemline or get rid of layers/damage, etc all in one thread.

I'm getting ready to start maintaining with monthly trims to really thicken up my ends but for the last 10 month or so, I've been doing regular micro-trims to help get rid of layers.

I went from this in September of 08:

To this pic taken a couple of days ago:

I've made okay progress for just doing teeny-tiny trims every 8 weeks or so. But I still have layers & damage and I'm ready to do more. So, starting in Sept, I'm going to trim off most of my monthly growth until my hem-line is sufficiently thickened before I move on to my final goal of waist.

Anyone else have some trimming progress photos they'd like to share?

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Trimming to maintain progress pics. Share yours!

I have photos in my albums - all but the last 8 months I've trimmed consistently - but mostly I just wanted to say what a big different small trims can make. Like, 1/2 or less, done every few months or so, changes the hemline quite a bit. It was great back when I was maintaining a blunt hemline.
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Ok...I'll try, lol. I apologize if these photos are huge and hard to load for some.

I joined in October '08, and here I am at 38 1/4":

Here is me in December '08, at approximately 40":

Here is February '09, at around 41.5" and just after a trim:

And finally, the latest length shot of mine, right at 42" and top of thigh on my body in June '09. I trimmed about 2" off of it in May, and am glad of it - my ends look so much thicker now! (it's almost 43" at this time, but I'm due for a micro-trim, and don't have a more recent photo):
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    21.5/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

JamieLeigh, were you trimming to get rid of damage? Your ends look great!
    Last edited by jivete; July 13th, 2009 at 09:10 PM. Reason: My bold was broken

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

JaimeLeigh, my ends look about like yours only my hair is about a foot shorter. My album has pictures of my hair when I started taking pictures a few months ago up til my last trim in May. I'm both growing and cutting off damage/layers at the same time, so it's slow going. I'm honestly due for another trim, but I'm about 1 1/2-2 inches from my first goal of waist length and I just can't decide if it's worth it to trim. I hate this midback thing. I want to get it comfortably to waist so I can maintain that for awhile. Maybe six months? I have several inches to cut off. I figure if I maintain it for at least six months, I can feel good about growing it out further to tailbone. If I need to do any kind of chop after that, at least I will be able to chop it back to waist instead of BSL, since it takes forever for some reason to cross that midback.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jivete View Post

I thought it'd be nice to see progress pictures of people who are trimming to maintain a hemline or get rid of layers/damage, etc all in one thread.
    I went from this in September of 08:

To this pic taken a couple of days ago:

I've made okay progress for just doing teeny-tiny trims every 8 weeks or so.
    Wow you did a great job on your ends! Your hair looks so much thicker now. I was going to upload my pics but got all technologically challenged all of a sudden.
    Oh and thanks for referencing that other thread .