Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Henndigo...it's never coming out

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Henndigo...it's never coming out

Hey all...some of you remember me...certainly kitani does! (waving)

I had hennaed my hair, then done indigo over it to get a dark brown. The indigo never stayed, so I started with henna/indigo combo treatments. Then I did one or two just-indigo treatments.

All in all, I did four full-head hennas, two full-head henndigos and two just-indigos.

This was over about a six-month period.

Well, the last indigo treatment left my hair seriously dark. Dark-dark. Nearly black. This was something of a shock. It happened very suddenly.

With all the different processes, I knew I could never repeat it all as roots came in, so I decided I would just grow it out, but the difference was staggering. I tried a few honey treatments, etc. and got a smidgen of lightening. Just recently I realized I really must henna the top or do something, anyway. So I did the roots and the difference in colors is ridiculous. I tried watered lemon the other day, but nothing happened.

Last night I slept with honey, olive oil and tomato sauce on my head. It was on for ELEVEN hours. Nothing really happened.

Here's how my hair looks. My head is tilted back so you can see the inches that are just henna (3 hours).

It's crazy. But this stuff is just NOT coming out. Ever. So I will have to be two-toned for a year or two until it all grows out to just-henna.

Just figured I'd report back. Maybe this should have gone on the honey thread, but I know henndigo is a little different from just henna so I thought it should go here. I'm a little disappointed by this but what can one do?

Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I think the two tone is pretty. But I'm weird, so.
    Lady Nemetona of the Blessed Circle in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

oh boy, do I feel for you, I am in the same predicament and my hair color looks just like yours, (only shorter) and from my experience, the Indigo is NOT coming out, nor budging in darkness.

In the Realm of Innovative Hair Care Methods

Default Hennidigo

GlennaGirl

Of course I remember you. Hi back at you!

I am so sorry that you are so unhappy with your hair.

You have a lot of henna on your hair right now, IMO.

Honey lightening treatments can lighten henna indigoed hair but it can take time and results do vary.

It has been done.

Most recently reported - here.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...&postcount=215
    Last edited by ktani; April 11th, 2008 at 03:10 PM. Reason: added text

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Oooooooh my, I think it's very pretty - but I'm with akurah with being a bit odd that way I can see however how it would be bothersome. I have no suggestions, I'm indigo clueless. But after seeing your beautiful hair I'm wondering if I should start dabbling...
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

My hair looks just like yours!
    I cant make up my mind on what color hair I want, I was chemical black, and started hennaing and when the color difference was just too drastic, I indigoed my whole head. Its fading a llittle bit to where my roots are a very very dark red. It looks pretty cool but it still looks black indoors.
    My only suggestion is what Im planning on doing: Henna on the new growth, and occasionally indigo streaks or gloss to help blend the colors. If youre planning on continuing to henna, th henna will build up and get pretty dark to where it will blend nicely with the black.

Length
    :(/:(/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I'm in kind of the same boat! Funny how I quit indigo because I was frustrated that it never seemed to stick. Now it won't seem to go away. I have a pretty obvious two-tone thing going but thankfully, it's only outdoors or with camera flash. Just commiserating.
    Lady Chalchihuitlicue of the Flowing Waters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Hi Glenna. Glad you're back.

Sorry to hear your hair is bothering you. There was a thread recently about cinnamon recently and how that can lighten. Don't know if you've seen it. That might do something, but I'd strand test it first. I could never get anything with tomato, honey and EVOO mixed when I tried it on my henna.

Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I knew I could count on you girls!

((akurah)), thank you so much. Weird or not. I'm weird too so I'll take it!

Wintersun, how long is your hair now? What's your plan--will you trim until it's gone or just grow and leave it, etc.?

ktani, I'm going to check that out--thank you! You are always helpful on this issue. You should write a book about it!

Oh ((Euphony)), thank you. I think your color is absolutely gorgeous. Wow.

Ohio Sky, what a great idea. Thanks so much.

Rain, exactly. You indigo and indigo and think, "D*mn. I can't get this to stick!" but when you want to go back you go, "D*mn. This won't go out!" The Indigo Paradox.

Prosperina, cinnamon...hmmmmmmm. I have some of that in the house...........(wheels turning)

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

OMG! GG, I am so jealous! Your hair is shiny and sleek and the colors are gorgeous. That is really really pretty, but if you don't like a sharp line of demarcation, you might try a little indigo finger-painting in only a few surface places. I am seriously tempted to paint myself a few henndigo low-lights.