Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you massage your scalp?

Default Do you massage your scalp?

Hi!
    I am new here and have been lurking the forums for a while.
    I saw a ways back people were talking about scalp massages on here and I know on social media its all the rage.
    I just was curious how many people here do or do not scalp massage (outside of the shower and part of their daily routine)
    So if you do let me know what you have seen as far as improvement of growth rate. And if you dont let me know why.

thanks!
    Happy growing!

Length
    19/19/37
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

Default Re: Do you massage your scalp?

I do a scalp massage twice a day for ten minutes each when I'm not feeling lazy. I haven't measured recently, as it was only in the past month that I started being active on the lhc and being serious about growth. But as I've had many twists and turns on my hair journey over the maybe past 6 years...I feel confident saying that at shorter lengths, I tend to get closer to an inch of growth a month, and as it passes CBL, it tends to slow to 3/4 of an inch or less. However I think with lots of nourishing treatments, we can get it up to an inch a month at longer lengths easily. Especially in the summer. The scalp massages are part of my goal to break over 1 inch, even if it's only by a very small ammount. I wish I kept better track of these things for questions like this, because I don't have numbers, I just go off of "vibes". I don't think it's a crazy improvement, but for some, it can lead to an extra quarter or half inch of growth monthly. That's what I believe anyway, and why I am so regular with it.

Length
    Pixie/Waist/Hip?
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I don't have a routine, but I do scalp massages probably twice a week. I love the way they make my scalp tingle, it just feels good! If I put in oil or a hair mask I'll take a few minutes to elevate the experience with a massage
    P̶i̶x̶i̶e̶,̶ ̶C̶h̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶S̶L̶,̶ ̶C̶B̶L̶,̶ ̶A̶P̶L̶,̶ ̶B̶S̶L̶, WL

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I don't do scalp massages per se with my fingers, as I have started a regime where I use a natural boar bristle brush and a small toothed comb to scritch my scalp with. This is very invigorating and really seems to boost blood flow to the scalp. So I haven't felt the need to massage my scalp lately.
    Anything that boosts the blood flow in the scalp should be great for the hair, a healthy scalp equals healthy hair (less shedding of hairs and longer growth cycles).

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/short/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I don't massage on purpose, but tend to do it while watching TV at night. Just a subconscious thing that I do cause it feels nice. Any bonus growth/scalp health from it is accidental for me!
    In a grow and cut cycle...

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

A quick one maybe a couple times a week.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

I massage my scalp once everyday with a brush that has bristles that massages your scalp for you as you brush. I've noticed lately my hair growth rate is a little faster than it normally grows. Which is .5 inches or a half an inch per month.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

I only stimulate my scalp with hair brushes. But those brushes can not be too hard and stimulating must be pretty tender, otherwise I'll get shedding.

Length
    APL/WL/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I've got one of those silicone "during shampoo" thingies, but I'm not sure if it's great because of tangles. Can someone chime in?
    APL // BSL// WL / HL // BCL // TBL // CL // FTL // MTL // KL
    Participating in: No trimming 2024

Length
    Shave/Mid t/Knee
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I massage my scalp daily with my arboleaf scalp massager, it's very relaxing love it