Page 578 of 950 FirstFirst ... 78478528568576577578579580588628678 ... LastLast
Results 5,771 to 5,780 of 9494

Thread: You know you are a long hair when....

Finally APL, next is BSL Sterlyn's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/23/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: You know you are a long hair when....

Quote Originally Posted by Hootenanny View Post
    Yeah, this used to happen to me back when I had long hair as a teen, and it has recently started happening again. The worst is when just one strand is hanging out of there with a ball of hair dangling at the end of it. It looks like a spider is spinning a web out of your butt.

A milestone to look forward to.......

Length
    3in./BSL/waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii

So last night I was putting a tiny bit of jojoba oil on my face in lieu of proper lotion. It turns out I had just a bit too much, and was trying to think of what to do about the extra oil on my hands (I certainly wasn't going to put it on my face!). Just then, I looked into the mirror and noticed my rather mangled, still-hadn't-been-combed out sleep braid from the night before . My hands were moving, running down the length of my braid even before I'd consciously thought of putting the extra oil on my hair.

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

When you stop a friend from combing through your daughter's hair from the top down because you can see (and feel) all the tangles being ripped through, and then teach the proper way to comb long hair.

When your 7 year old niece who has matted TBL hair comes to your house for Thanksgiving and you won't let her leave with it tangled like that so you spend an HOUR detangling that mess, and even cut off one horrible matted hairball because it looked so painful. She got her hair nicely french braided afterwards and I sent her home that way. I scolded her dad for not combing her hair. He says she won't let him touch it. Um, who is the dad here?

When your friend with a chin length bob, bleach highlights, and heat damage asks you to do something with her hair for Thanksgiving and you happily give her a protein treatment, followed by a moisture treatment, then leave-in conditioner, blow-dry on cool, jojoba oil, and silk drop type coney serum. Oh my goodness her hair looked lovely after I was through with it. Before, it never shined and always looked limp and lifeless. After I finished, it was shinier than I have ever seen it, had volume, and felt soooo soft!

When you will make a sock bun on the back of your head and decorate it with feathers, pipe cleaners made to look like legs, googly eyes, and a pipe-cleaner beak and wear it that way all day long in an attempt to look sort of like a turkey from behind. From the front I looked like I was doing a poor job of attempting to look like I was wearing an American Indian traditional feather headdress.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    cbl/hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

You're very very skeptical of wen commercials

Length
    Pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by kganihanova View Post
    You're very very skeptical of wen commercials
    And any commercial with a product that claims to "repair" damaged hair or split ends. It's just not possible. DON'T LIE TO ME, TV! I'M ON TO YOU!
    Nique ~ Journeying from pixie in 2011 to who knows where

Pixie ~ Shoulder ~ APL ~ BSL ~ Waist ~ Hip ~ BCL ~ Tailbone ~ Classic ~ Fingertip ~ Knee?

Length
    ~Wst/TBL/~Cls
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

When you flip your hair and accidentally knock something off the self two feet away. Oops!
    Wavy, wurly, sometimes curly; on my way to healthier, longer hair!

~Waist → Hip BCL TBL Goal: TBL+ V hem

Length
    cbl/hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nique1202 View Post
    And any commercial with a product that claims to "repair" damaged hair or split ends. It's just not possible. DON'T LIE TO ME, TV! I'M ON TO YOU!
    Those drive me crazy!!! If it's especially off base, I'll actually yell at the TV.
    Growing to knee! At HIP currently

Not a fan of labels. missblueeyes's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    When you stop a friend from combing through your daughter's hair from the top down because you can see (and feel) all the tangles being ripped through, and then teach the proper way to comb long hair.

When your 7 year old niece who has matted TBL hair comes to your house for Thanksgiving and you won't let her leave with it tangled like that so you spend an HOUR detangling that mess, and even cut off one horrible matted hairball because it looked so painful. She got her hair nicely french braided afterwards and I sent her home that way. I scolded her dad for not combing her hair. He says she won't let him touch it. Um, who is the dad here?
    On the story of your niece: I was JUST like that as a child! I wouldn't even let my mother touch my fine hair. It was a mess. Eventually, it ended up with me getting a bob cut and growing it out over again. I didn't have any more troubles once it was less fine than the first hair I had. Made me smile to read that I wasn't that abnormal as a child. :,)

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

When you wear hair bags, so your hair can be considered down.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    12"/Calf/Calf
    Type
    2b/F/iii

When an old friend remarks to you that his niece still remembers me after 30 years, because I took her into the bedroom and taught her, aged around 7, how to comb her long hair and detangle it without pain. I was the first person who had ever detangled her hair and not caused her pain. She still remembers to this day, which I thought was nice...
    JESUS, MY LORD AND SAVIOUR