Page 484 of 1005 FirstFirst ... 384434474482483484485486494534584984 ... LastLast
Results 4,831 to 4,840 of 10041

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Length
    chin/hip/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Quote Originally Posted by DaniVerde View Post
    I couldn't find Alterra anywhere...but I didn't realize that the XZ Conditioners were an option, thank you so much!!
    (Another Finn here.) I use the cheapest cheapy X-tra conditioner as my wash conditioner, and (currently) XZ honey+xylitol as my conditioning conditioner. Anyway, I've found that the cheapest non-brand conditioners can make for a pretty good wash conditioner if you dilute them.

Length
    Chin/30/WL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Hi all!

I am new to the LHC but have CO'ed on the odd occasion even before I knew it had a following - usually when I've been in a hurry. But I'd really like to give it a proper try. So last night I bought myself some Tesco Smooth Coconut Conditioner (at a mere 88p) for my CO wash and two bottles of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (at £1.66 per bottle at half price) for the deeper stage. I realise that no-cone conditioners are supposed to be better (the Tesco brand one is cone-free), but I've heard good things about the HH and it was for cheap!

My inital plan is:

Diluted Coconut wash
    [Diluted ACV once per week or as needed for buildup.]
    Full body HH condish

Or don't you generally dilute the ACV?

My only problem is that I suffer with scalp psoriasis - anyone else out there a COer with the same condition? Any advice would be helpful!

I need to do a prescription scalp treatment before I can start CO, but am excited to see if it will help afterwards.

*meep*

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Zydrate View Post
    Started co-washing (I think 2 weeks ago) and it seems to be that I'm not in any kind of tranisition. :very confused:
    Transition seems to be more of a problem for fine-haired folks than for M or C folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixielocks View Post
    Hi all!

I am new to the LHC but have CO'ed on the odd occasion even before I knew it had a following - usually when I've been in a hurry. But I'd really like to give it a proper try. So last night I bought myself some Tesco Smooth Coconut Conditioner (at a mere 88p) for my CO wash and two bottles of Herbal Essences Hello Hydration (at £1.66 per bottle at half price) for the deeper stage. I realise that no-cone conditioners are supposed to be better (the Tesco brand one is cone-free), but I've heard good things about the HH and it was for cheap!

My inital plan is:

Diluted Coconut wash
    [Diluted ACV once per week or as needed for buildup.]
    Full body HH condish

Or don't you generally dilute the ACV?

My only problem is that I suffer with scalp psoriasis - anyone else out there a COer with the same condition? Any advice would be helpful!

I need to do a prescription scalp treatment before I can start CO, but am excited to see if it will help afterwards.

*meep*
    A few things....

Check your Hello Hydration ingredients for silicones -- you could end up with build-up if it's not cone-free (which I don't think it is, but I may be wrong).

I use my ACV rinse (yes, it's VERY diluted -- like 15-30mL per liter) *after* conditioning and rinsing. It helps to restore the scalp and hair to their slightly acidic natural state.

I don't have psoriasis, but I do have seborrheic dermatitis. Since I started CO-washing and ACV-rinsing, my SD has decreased by at least 95%. Hopefully your psoriasis will be equally happy with the new routine!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Under the the stump of a wilderness spruce
    Length
    1"/CBL/WL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/iii

@Zydrate: GRAVES!

Quote Originally Posted by DaniVerde View Post
    I couldn't find Alterra anywhere...but I didn't realize that the XZ Conditioners were an option, thank you so much!!
    Herbina has a very nice, biodegradable no-cone condish. I've seen it in S-Market and Citymarket.
    If you have oily hair I might suggest Urtekram since 'tis very cleansing to the point of being drying, whereas the Herbina Biohajoava Hoitoaine is more gentle and thus good if your hair is prone to drying.
    I mixed honey into both of them. More natural and spared the condish, obviously. :3
    HTH

Length
    Chin/30/WL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    A few things....

Check your Hello Hydration ingredients for silicones -- you could end up with build-up if it's not cone-free (which I don't think it is, but I may be wrong).

I use my ACV rinse (yes, it's VERY diluted -- like 15-30mL per liter) *after* conditioning and rinsing. It helps to restore the scalp and hair to their slightly acidic natural state.

I don't have psoriasis, but I do have seborrheic dermatitis. Since I started CO-washing and ACV-rinsing, my SD has decreased by at least 95%. Hopefully your psoriasis will be equally happy with the new routine!
    Yes I think my HH does contain silicones, but I'm going to try it until I run out and see how it goes. I'm thinking that my main worry (with the psoriasis) is the poo drying out and irritating my scalp, so I'm hoping that cutting out poo to begin with will bring about a change. I can always deal with build-up in the first instance with some mild poo occasionally if need be. Of course all this is academic at the moment as I don't know how CO will work with my hair/skin, but you gotta have a plan, right?

Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lippytoes View Post
    (Another Finn here.) I use the cheapest cheapy X-tra conditioner as my wash conditioner, and (currently) XZ honey+xylitol as my conditioning conditioner. Anyway, I've found that the cheapest non-brand conditioners can make for a pretty good wash conditioner if you dilute them.
    Thank you, Lippytoes!!! The X-tra Conditioner is cone-free too?! Yay!!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Lucy View Post
    @Zydrate: GRAVES!

Herbina has a very nice, biodegradable no-cone condish. I've seen it in S-Market and Citymarket.
    If you have oily hair I might suggest Urtekram since 'tis very cleansing to the point of being drying, whereas the Herbina Biohajoava Hoitoaine is more gentle and thus good if your hair is prone to drying.
    I mixed honey into both of them. More natural and spared the condish, obviously. :3
    HTH
    Thank you so much, Miss Lucy! I'll check this one out too

Wow, I didn't realize that we had so many cone-free conditioning options here in Finland...now I have a really goooood reason to buy more conditioner-I have to try them all!!

Kiitos kaikille!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Yes I think my HH does contain silicones, but I'm going to try it until I run out and see how it goes. I'm thinking that my main worry (with the psoriasis) is the poo drying out and irritating my scalp, so I'm hoping that cutting out poo to begin with will bring about a change. I can always deal with build-up in the first instance with some mild poo occasionally if need be. Of course all this is academic at the moment as I don't know how CO will work with my hair/skin, but you gotta have a plan, right?
    Yep, ya gotta start somewhere!

With my SD, I'm in a strange "in-between" situation -- my scalp doesn't like the drying of shampoo, but it does NEED to be "cleaned" regularly. If I go more than three days between CO-washes, I'm more likely to see the lesions and scabs crop up again.

But my scalp is the healthiest it's been in 20 years, not to mention the difference in my hair. CO-washing has been a lifesaver for me!

Length
    Chin/30/WL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Yep, ya gotta start somewhere!

With my SD, I'm in a strange "in-between" situation -- my scalp doesn't like the drying of shampoo, but it does NEED to be "cleaned" regularly. If I go more than three days between CO-washes, I'm more likely to see the lesions and scabs crop up again.

But my scalp is the healthiest it's been in 20 years, not to mention the difference in my hair. CO-washing has been a lifesaver for me!
    Oh man I'm really excited now! Your situation sounds very similar to mine - I have a dry itchy scalp but my roots still get gummy, so they have to be 'purged' occasionally. If I can find a way that works without harsh shampoo I'll be pixie-dancing for sure. I cannot STAND the dandruffy, itchy side-effects of SP. Thanks GRU

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Oh man I'm really excited now! Your situation sounds very similar to mine - I have a dry itchy scalp but my roots still get gummy, so they have to be 'purged' occasionally. If I can find a way that works without harsh shampoo I'll be pixie-dancing for sure. I cannot STAND the dandruffy, itchy side-effects of SP. Thanks GRU
    *fingers crossed*

Be sure to post back here at regular intervals so we can see how it's working for you!

Length
    2/22/31
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I started CO washing yesterday after reading some forum posts on here.. I henndigo'd my hair last weekend and have noticed such a wonderful difference in the texture, thickness, and shine that I was inspired to do more good things for it.

I did my first CO wash and my hair feels so wonderful.. I used Suave Naturals Wild Strawberry Conditioner (which I believe is cone-free), so it also smells like strawberries. Not to mention that conditioner only cost me $1.69 (CDN).

I'm going to stick with this for the next several weeks, even if my hair goes through a greasy adjustment phase. I like the idea so far!