Page 1 of 1005 12311511015011001 ... LastLast

Thread: The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Lightbulb The CO (conditioner only) washing thread

Hi

I looked through the boards and couldn't find a CO thread. I can't run a search with the phrase "CO" because it's too short, but couldn't find any CO threads when I searched with conditioner, wash or washing. So I apologise if there is already one in existence - I promise I tried hard to find it!

I thought it would be good to have a support group for CO washers old and new. I think it would be a good resource for anyone thinking of starting CO washing and also a reminder for existing COers who need to troubleshoot from time to time. Case in point - me, today, totally freaked out by my hair and wondering what the hell to do to fix it. I ran to LHC for help and got it in barrel loads, as always Fellow COers reminded me that a clarifying wash is sometimes necessary, even when using cone-free conditioners for CO. Deep down I already knew that but had completely forgotten it today...

So what do you think? Shall we give it a go? We can share info on CO conditioners, rinses, troubleshooting tips, induct newbies, the whole works!

xxx

Length
    chin/MB/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Ooh goody! somewhere I can post a burning question. It's sort of a 'cone/CO' question actually. I started COing a little while ago and my hair feels lovely. I have just used up the last of my cone filled conditioner.

My question is this, does it matter if the shampoo I use to clarify my hair with (when I switch to non cones) has cones in it? Does shampoo even have cones? <hides whilst everyone laughs at the newbie>

Should I do something clever with baking soda instead?

Thanks, and sorry if this question is in the wrong spot!

I really do love COing, my hair is so much softer and easier to control.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Sure, I'll bite. I've been doing CO since July 2007. I mostly use Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Break's Over, and None of Your Frizzness. But, I throw in a couple others every so often to mix it up.

So, from that you can probably tell that I am a conehead. So, to avoid getting limp hair with build-up I shampoo/condition once a week.

I saw a drastic improvement in my hair from day one with CO and haven't looked back.

Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by Newniepg View Post
    My question is this, does it matter if the shampoo I use to clarify my hair with (when I switch to non cones) has cones in it? Does shampoo even have cones? <hides whilst everyone laughs at the newbie>

I really do love COing, my hair is so much softer and easier to control.
    Welcome!

I would definitely use a cone-free clarifying shampoo. Shampoos can be positively BURSTING with cones! The one I use is by MOP (Modern Organic Products). It's part of their C-System range, it's called Clean Shampoo and it's sulfate and fragrance free. I love it. Always does the trick for me.

Nobody will laugh at you for asking questions like this

Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Hi AJoifulNoise. Good to see you here

Length
    5'/apl/waist
    Type
    4a/F/M/iii

I've used shampoo only once or twice this year thanks to co-washing. I LOVE it.

Length
    chin/MB/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Thank you so much! I certainly can't complain about question response times on here! <toddles off to buy a non-coney shampoo>

Since COing (and joining the LHC) I have been enjoying my hair washing time a whole lot more, it has become exciting to see the results.

Type
    2c/3a/M/i

I know what you mean! Wash day used to be an emotional minefield, wondering what awful frizz I'd have to battle for the following few days. For the first six months of COing my hair was a wonder... until I forgot that I have to clarify every six weeks or so! I'm looking forward to having lovely soft supple hair again tomorrow.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

What do you all use to clarify? Ive been COing once a week or so, just to keep m hair up until I wash with GR shampoo and condish once a week. I think my hair likes it and I may try COing exclusively at some point, but Ive tried the BS thing and it did NOT work for me.

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

thank you so much for starting(or restarting)this thread.I've tried CO here and there with really awesome results and some more often bad results.I just can't seem to get the right time down for the first C.I usually try to keep the first conditioner in for 10-15 minutes but the next time I CO with that same amount of time,it doesn't work.I try to use conefree for the first and end with a nice heavy cone for the last conditioner.I really dont like to use commerical shampoo and I can't afford to get a bar right now.Hopefully-this thread will help me with the trouble I've been having with CO and maybe just maybe my hair will love it.
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights