Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
I'm going to back up what DaniVerde said, and give you even more of the same.

For starters, DV is NOT the most patient person around (seriously, you should see how much stuff she was enabled into buying her first month here! She's pretty much an "OMG-WANT+BUY!" person, at least where her hair is concerned! ), so for her to be telling you to calm down, it REALLY means something. Like if a professional body builder tells you that you're working out too much, it really means something because they know what they're talking about, you know?

A good rule to follow is only ONE new product or technique EVERY TWO WEEKS. Seriously, if you have a good hair day, how on earth are you going to know what product/technique it was that produced that if you've used ten different products in the last week?

Also, your curl was lost to damage... moisture might bring some of it back, but you can't actually "heal" damaged hair. You may very well have to grow out your damage to get back to the curl that you think might be hidden in there. That's why I HATE flat-irons and blow-fryers... they do permanent damage.

If I were you, I'd do one plain old shampoo to get rid of all the new stuff you've put on your hair and choose ONE product to CO-wash with and ONE product as a leave-in (or even the same product for both), then do that for a couple weeks straight. If your hair is just really nasty before then (not "a little limp" but actually NASTY looking) and another CO-wash doesn't take care of it, then you can put that product on the "my hair doesn't like this" list and move on to something else.

Look at this as a weight-loss process. If you needed to lose 200 pounds, would you try a diet for a week and then pronounce it a failure because you hadn't lost 200 pounds yet? Or would you look at it like you've done 200 pounds of damage to your body, and it's going to take a certain number of months/years to undo the damage and get back to "normal"?

For the sake of your tresses and your sanity, put your hair on a diet.
I won;t give up, this seems to be my downfall. I have had success I have had perfect hair, I just can't keep it, no matter what I do. Its maddening really! I will try my best to take the advice given but its SO hard to just, keep to something....